Nutrient Amounts for Recirculating DWC?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by d2ea, May 4, 2011.

1. I was wondering if anybody could help me with how much nutrients I should be running into my 45 gal. recirculating system?

I've heard that its supposed to be around a third of the recommended level of most nutes(of course each strain is dif.)...but what should I start them off with? I thought maybe just go by the ppm and start off real low to be safe.

Remember its a recirculating DWC system, I've heard that it won't need that much.

If anybody knows about this EXACT type of system please give me some advice.

Thanks

2. everyone's setup is completely different... take every piece of info with a grain of salt

a good rule... is never start nutes till the third set of leaves are out...more or less

and 100 PPM for every inch of growth up to 1200 ppm....

your strain of mj will respond with with PH flux telling you how your doing... up if its feeling good with the amount of nutrient levels you have.. and down if your nute level is too high...

if you don't have a PPM or EC pen... consider getting one.. it helps..

3. I have never heard of that one.

The ppm is what counts, no mater how big the rez.

With a big enough rez, you wouldn't have to change out the soup quite as often.

4. #4 Tihspeed, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Which one?

5. #5 jollyrancher1, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2011
    This one:

"Remember its a recirculating DWC system, I've heard that it won't need that much."

Using that logic, one could have a rez the size of a swimming pool and would still only have to add the same amount of nutes.

More water means you have to add more nutes to get the same ppm.

It is called DILUTION.

If the OP means vs other systems then maybe.

I run GH nutes and they have a guideline for how much for how many gallons.

I run just over 22 gallons in my RDWC.

I am not that far off from what they recommend either.

Using GH Flora Nova Bloom, if I add 1 oz to the soup it bumps the ppm about 200 points.

6. i figured.. but i was just looking for clarity... good info too

7. Hey thanks for the info guys, it is appreciated. Ya I couldn't understand the whole logic in needing less nutes just cuz it is recirculating. Its always better to be safe than sorry tho.

And ya I have got my ppm pen and all that.

I know how to read the plants on how they are reacting to the nute solution, but I didn't want to start off at what I thought was low and find out it is still to high for this type of system.

So I think I will just go with what I thought, slowly add and check ppm and ph to see what they want.

Thanks again tihspeed and jollyrancher1