Nutes???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by [MICRO], Mar 7, 2016.

1. Okay so I'm doing a small grow just for fun and a little personally grown smoke. I'm on a low budget so I'm wanting to know if I can make it work with just buying one type of soluble nutrients. I've been looking at the the Fox farm line. Particularly the tiger bloom, my question is will it be worth the money and time to only add one nute. Out of the FF trio which one would be the best? And at what time should I implement it? I'm currently running a pc grow, I'll let it veg for maybe 3 weeks and then flip it.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil
    3 NLxBB
    2-23w 5000k bulbs ( for now)

So basically I have no knowledge of nutrients this is my 2nd grow (1st turned out make) I want to know the basics. What's too much what's too little? What's a waste of time and money? Help a noob out? [​IMG]

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Y don't u just go organic and make a soil mix with earth worm castings and compost !! Save $ on nutrient and put towards better lighting (T5 tubes ) , ur using soil n e way !

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Organics Gives a much better tasting and quality product

• Like Like x 2
  4. With nutrient u need to use different types for veg and bloom ( veg NPK 12 - 4 - 4 ) (bloom 4-10-12 ) or something similar , where N(nitrogen) P(potassium) K(phosphorous )

5. So is it pretty much pointless to use only one kind during the flip? And I asked the guy at the store if I needed to add anything. I wasn't sure if the FF had enough worm castings and guano n stuff.

6. Or if I do decided to buy the trio how long should I wait to start adding them I don't want to make the soil to hot to soon. Plus I'll probably switch to 12/12 soon I'm trying to make the plants as small as I can so I may not even let them veg at all. Which I know will effect my yield.

7. I recommend tiger bloom i use it myself, if you are using organic soil you wont need nutes for first few weeks. Also you are definitely going to want more light for flower stage, 100watt per plant minimum

Sent from my LGLS620 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Everything FF tends to be pricey though thats one thing to keep in mind. Its basically pick ur poison a 2$ bottle of tomato feed will do keep an eye on NPK.

Sent from my LGLS620 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Yeah your right about the lights but idk how I'm gonna add more in such a small space without buying an expensive bulb. And the Fox farm stuff where I live is like 16 bucks for the smaller bottles. So do you think it will yield at all with 69w if I keep them super close?

10. Perhaps led strips mate ?

11. At 69w in a PC case u only really require around 50w per square foot , should at least get some bud of it , most probably gonna be light and fluffy as CFls tend to do , be sure to change the 5000k bulbs to a 2700k for flip ( more red spectrum ) , I'd seriously look into led grow light strips for extra lighting in a small space !

• Like Like x 2
  12. Just my 2c

13. I've thought about that and they certainly would be more ideal. But where I live the hydro store sells a small fixture for like 250 bucks which is a little ridiculous. I've never really tried looking online I'm not to sure how much the strips are but I'm sure they would do much much better

14. Jump on ebay mate there not overly expensive

15. Yeah they're surprisingly cheap. I'll definitely have to check into this thanks man

16. No worries mate , best of luck with it all

17. How well do you think a 45w 12x12 led panel will work?

18. Most of those 45w Panels aren't worth much, they're advertised at 45w but they draw only 30w so each diode draws only like 0.3w the penetration power isn't high enough.
    This is the smallest led that I'd buy

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Apollo Horticulture GL60LED Full Spectrum 180W LED Grow Light for Plant Growing

I've never used it but humbolt has a good line, this is an all in one nutrient called "Oneness" by humbolt.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0032...=sr-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=oneness

19. That light is way better than what I got. Ive kinda already ordered one. It's the erligpowht 45 it had a lot of good reviews. I think the actual wattage is 34. I know it's not a lot, maybe one plant?
    It's cheap but I thought vid give it shot 1457400953450.jpg

20. Would led and cfl work well together or no?