nutes??

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by utook2much2much, Jan 31, 2013.

1. So i was wondering about nutrients and water aboout ow muc nutrients do you need to buy for a full grow? what kind of nutrients? for about 2 or 3 plant also i was wondering how much water is usually used in a grow because i have city water and i would probably drive to get well wateer but could i use distilled gallons?

2. U have a lot of reading left to do my friend

3. At least leave him something.

As far as i know everyones plants, room set up, medium, temperatures are all different. So there isn't a specific amount of water it takes. Just water when your soil is dry. check the soil a few inches in to see if it's moist or not. Nutrients are your call, you can either look at organic (stickied i think) or bottled nutrients (fox farm, general hydroponics) and pick which one you want. You could just alter your tap water with ph up and ph down. I also suggest doing some more research.

4. lol ty zeesmoke and ty kushman but i think im gona go with a soil grow i dont need nutrients right well not nearly as much

5. you definently still need nutrients for soil true not as much but you do need them

6. I hope ur not one of those people trying to grow sitting the plant on a window

7. silentvd no ive been doing research and i also have a lot of experience growing plants lol even though cannabis is a litle more complicated i will def be able to pull it off im tinking coco coir and perlite soil cfl lights 2 fans one intake one exhaust all in a fairly small growbox and what kind of nuts do i need for the soil grow i mean i know its kinda like dude do some research but ya kno id like first and replies

8. it depends what available your grow store i use aurora innovations currently but i dont think they are really available anywhere but Oregon

9. You can get them all over, I use them here in Co when doing soil grows.

10. I'm doing hydro its way easier to watch and adjust everything..about done with my first grow dwc, flushing it now.(took a few mins to setup the new bucket with ph'd distilled water and only a week or less to completely flush) The only thing i like better about soil or soiless medium is the micro and fungus that lives in the medium and helps the plants naturally...but like i said the maintenance is a way bigger pain in the ass. Plus there are A LOT LESS PESTS and root rot problems...DWC is very forgiving...main thing is watching your ph, watch your water levels,check ppm, and watch the lights as the plants grows and take off! (hydroponics is faster cause the plant takes less time putting its energy towards roots and finding the nutrients)

Coir i will tell you first hand from this year is not easy stuff to grow with...really awesome stuff don't get me wrong i had a couple week old plant grow up to a foot in no time like it was growing on top of manure but then it stalled out because of cal/mag problems and adjusting the ph in soil was a bitch every time i had to add nutes...

Canna nutrients makes special stuff for people growing with coir and so does the other company's(just to give you an idea coir is good but works differently)...And you said you can grow other plants, then marijuana should be a piece of cake cause the marijuana plant is very very very forgiving

11. hydro is kind loug wit a bubler and jets n stuff

12. my air pump is as quiet as the cooling fan on the 600watt digital ballast...don't have a pump because i'm doing an individual bucket for my first hydro grow...going to invest in a four bucket system for the next grow...I'm going to build it myself and have a res with a float that tops off the water everytime it gets low...all i have to do i keep checking ppm and ph

13. hey maybe i will do a hydro grow i ave clay pellets its just that i figured it would be somewhat noisy but i could work around that so you say its easier to regulate nutrients and do you know how to clean clay pellets that are extremely dirty

14. #14 skiddy6, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
    i used river rock that was nasty for this first grow because funds was a little low in the beginning but i washed mine by hand....I didn't use any kind of soaps or anything because i don't want the residew on the rocks and getting into the hydro solution...then again i washed them one by one because i got them out of my driveway outside and there could be all kinda of acid rain,oil, etc on them so i stood with a bucket of big rocks and washed them by hand...small rocks make it hard for the roots to grow through and takes a lot longer for the plants to get its roots down to the nutrient solution...

As far as easier to check, its is hands down way easier, plus most of the water is all recycled and you use a lot less nutrients and water all together!

Soil you have to leach it to get certain nutrients out and drop your ppm. then again when you leach your soil your ph goes off and it strips your soil of all kind's of nutrients, when maybe you just had a little too much nitrogen and end up stripping the other chemicals. also wasting the money you paid for it all...I have seen pro's recycle their dirt and been using the same dirt for 7 years or more and add certain stuff every new grow but that takes a lot of skill and experience and time to master..

NASA invented aeroponics because there is no gravity in space... and NASA uses general hydroponics brand also...if NASA can use water as a medium and use one of the most basic nutrient brands out there with awesome results (meaning the most expensive brands and nutrients aren't always the best but then again you get what you pay for also) then hydroponics has my vote!

p.s. its a thousand times cleaner (no dirt)and better smelling than loads of horse shit and bat guano etc lol ...you need some help getting started and what kinda setup you want i can help ya get started with something easy and cost effective with good results...

15. really less water and nutrients wow i figured it was the other way around im stoked i wanted to do a hydro in the first place how often do you change the water and nutes alsoim thinking about a little bleach water in the clay pellets then a good rinse

16. bleach has a lot of nasty residew don't use that...if any thing you could wash all them and soak them in rubbing alcohol to kill everything then lay it all out to evaporate and dry....(alcohol is a clean evaporating chemical) or you could clean them real well with running water, then soak them in a hydrogen peroxide water mix to kill what bacteria's are on the rocks and then let them dry....def not bleach though...

the only water you lose is through slow evaporation or what the plants drink... only time you will waste anything is when your making a new batch of solution which the old stuff you pour out will be pointless anyway that's why your dumping it