Nutes? Yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by MiloTheDog, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Hello all, its day ten and im wondering if I should begin to introduce nutes. Third set of leaves are coming up and im beginning to see a little yellowing. Not much mind you. I run a recirculating drip/LowPresure Aero set up and currently using DynaGro KLN and great white beneficials. Let me know if im being too impatient. Thanks for looking. :D

Attached Files:

2. I would give that an EC of 0.3 and see what it's reads the following day and adjust accordingly

3. Thanks for your advice. Im using de-chlorinated tap water that comes out at around 230ppm (Hanna PPM meter). Ill try to increase it to 350ppm (.7) and see where it goes from there. Most of the initial nutrient uptake happens in the first 24hrs? If the PPM drops or raises, you suggest changing the reservoir completely and adjust accordingly, correct?

4. if it rises after 24 hours I would add water until the strength is a bit less than the original figure. (if strength rises its too strong)

if it falls after 24 hours I would add nutes until the strength is a bit more than the original figure. (if strength falls, it's too weak)

if solution is a number of days old I would recommend doing a completely change instead of adding nutes, but adding water is fine .

when topping up the solution as the water level falls I would only use water. plants use nutrients in different ratios at different times so if you keep adding nutes to the nutrient solution you could overdose in a certain element and cause lockout of another

5. Mix 1\4 strength, adjust PH to 5.8 - 5.9, leave it this way for a week maintaining PH add only PH adjusted plain water. Change the water after you have added back 1\2 to 3\4 the amount of the total water. Increase to 1\3 the next, 3\4 the next and maintain that until the transition to flower. If you notice any leaf burn or discoloration during this ramp up time on the nutes and your PH is in the correct range lower the PPM's. With your .7 conversion meter you will have a higher PPM reading than mine at .5

An example of mine, using only GH 3 part, at that size I'm 350, next week, 400, next 500, transition to flower I change my nute mix, I go to Lucas and stop using grow, around 600, plants are about 2 1\2 feet tall by this point and that big around. I finish flowering at around 900 -- 1100, but anything over a thousand seems to give me tip burn because I run Heisenburg tea and don't need as much fertilizer because of the beneficial bacteria I put in the water.
    Steady PH is the most important things.