Nutes with super soil?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jmal1031, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Hey guys,

This is my 3rd grow, and I’ve switched to Michigan Mix M3, the one that has papas perfect poop mixed in. The bag says “just add water”, but if heard some people say they use nutes during flower, along with great white every 3 weeks or so.

My last 2 grows have been weak in potency. I’m using a 150w HPS light in a 2x2 tent. I was using Happy Frog soil, Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom. I’m not sure if it’s okay to use those nutes with this type of soil.

I’d love some input and hear what has worked best for you guys with soil like this!

• Like Like x 1
  2. That is not much light. I have 400w on a single plant in a 2x4. I don't use bottled nutrients, but I use organic dry amendments.

spiral out, keep going

3. I have a 150 and used it in about the same area but I don't know how good your soil is. If done right though you'll be surprised with the 150 but for your space and the same way I thought with my space you need at least a 250 hps. 150 is all I had at the time. As said it will surprise you if done pretty good.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I would not use any nutes with that soil. Avoid excess watering. Too much water will cause Magnesium deficiency. Just keep your plants at optimum moisture and ignore temptations to make them REALLY REALLY BIG!!!!!!

5. Thanks! I’m not so much worried about size rather than potency this time around. Someone mentioned adding flower nutes or “something sugary” to increase potency

6. Myth, Nobody knows a chemical that will make buds more potent. The main controllable bud quality factor is light and heat. People dream things and pour stuff on and buds get big. Or you can just keep them hydrated under good light and they will get big. I just noticed a supersoil section on growweedeasy. Haven't read it but beats my info. The difference is supersoil relies on active microbiological life to succeed. Or you can add chopped onions, they have a lot of sugar in them, or you can fertilize first before you get the munchies!

7. #7 old shol4evr, Jul 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 1