Nutes question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dustro, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Ok, I've looked at various brands and pricing and I want to know what's really the difference in each brand? What keeps you buying that particular brand? I also would like to know how much of the nutes can be expected to be used through out a whole grow cycle for 4 plants in soil? Thanks in advance.

2. Just buy a quart of grow and a quart of bloom ....and you will have enough for several grows

3. Thanks dickie. What's your chosen brand of nutes?

4. If you buy any 3 part micro, grow, bloom series in quart bottles it should last you over a year. Advanced Nutrients, General Hydroponics, and Fox Farms seems to be the top 3. I use General Hydroponics. I really do like their 3 part flora series.

You should possibly make a choice between organic and chemical base nutrients. I use straight pure chemical nutrients. I think there's a lot of old wives tales that will tell you that your bud can't be as tasty if you don't use organic. These people just haven't had properly grown hydro. The first thing I hear when my bud is smoked is how crazy smooth and tasty it is.

5. You'll get a hundred responses to this question from what I've seen and heard. Even the best nutes someone will have had a bad experience with it and tell you something else. Like asking ford or chevy imo but with about 12 different brands!

I chose dyna-gro nutes after talking to a couple different people from couple different hydro shops. Its 4 bottles cost me around $125 and will last about two grows with 10 plants. Not the best. Not the cheapest but it seems very simple and Dyna provided a good feed schedule. There are some lines that are 6-7-10 bottles of stuff and I just have no idea what id even be doing. Being a new grower i don't know how to read the plant and tell what deficiencies or if giving too much of something. I haven't killed my plants yet and I'm midway through second grow. Is it helping? No idea. I honestly wanna go to a organic "just add water" type soil eventually.

Id pick something thats in budget and you're comfortable with. Give it a shot. Maybe something goes on sale and you try something else. Thats my opinion. Prolly doesn't help much lol

6. I haven't seen anyone use advanced nutrients and complain about the results. I like their ph perfect 3 part series. I've been thinking about switching.

7. My good buddy uses advanced nutes part a and a b. I looked at the price and was like dang, I can't spend that much. Let me rephrase question, what is a forgiving brand, if you over feed?

8. Can't spend that much? It's $39 for a 1/2 gallon of a, and another $39 for 1/2 gallon of b locally here. Add Big bud when you bloom and you're good. You could splurge for flawless finish for flush or some of their other products if you want but they're not necessary. Any other nutrient supplement you get is going to be in the ballpark for that quantity. The cheapest is probably the GH flora trio. Micro, Grow, Bloom. You can get a pack with all 3 parts from amazon for $40 range. They aren't 1/2 gallon containers though and they aren't PH perfect like advanced where they balance PH for you. You can tweak the formula so it's heavier on grow and micro in veg and bloom in flower so you can finish with just the 3 part. It lacks cal/mag though so if you have water that is lacking that you'll want a cal/mag supplement. You won't need that with sensi grow a&b. It's up to you. Many people have kick ass crops with just the GH flora trio. Sometimes cal/mag deficiency can crop up though.

If you want super cheap get a bottle of GH floranova bloom for $20 until you get cash for more nutrients. It will veg and bloom plants in soil or promix. I've done it. A single nutrient bottle.

9. I guess I should have looked harder lol. The AN 2 part series I looked at was for 6 gallons at $380. Thanks for the responses, I keep doing some research to see which brand I would like to try.