Nutes not staying in solution?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by I have this, May 16, 2010.

1. So I just relocated my op about 2 weeks ago, and since then I have been noticing some of my nutrients falling out of solution and accumulating in the bottoms.

It hasn't caused any major issues yet, but I would like to fix it.

The only thing I can figure is that it is the tap water. I plan on going to the walmarts for an inline RV filter today to see if that helps.

Intuitively I am thinking that my tap out here must already have a significant amount of dissolved minerals in it and it is reaching saturation at a level lower than the advised mix ratio of the nutes... Does that make sense?

Does anyone know what else it might be? All other things are the same. Even the temperatures are similar. Humidity is 55% here instead of 40%. But I cant see how that would apply.

I am using CNS-17 Nutes, it happens with both bloom and grow.

pH is around 6.0,

I use a plant safe decholorinator.

Its a hydroponic setup with 4 bubble buckets in flower under 400w HPS and 1 large bin containing 4 immature clones in veg under 8 23w cfls and 2 t-5's.

Thanks

:wave: :smoking:

2. I don't personally use a hydro system, but I have seen people recommend putting an air-stone or small fish tank water pump in the reservoir to keep the water moving and keep the solids dissolved.

But that won't help so much if you are right and your tap water is close to saturation before adding nutes.

3. lol, If he is not using an airpump and stone (Which I imagine he is, since he said its a hydro bubble bucket gro) then he is not running a bubble bucket DWC he is just running a death bucket gro. :)

4. correct, circulation is not an issue.

I feel fairly confident in my mineral saturation theory.