Nutes, Heat or Water Issue?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by WBJ, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Okay I've been searching this wonderful forum to try and find my own answer, but I'm still not sure what my issue is. I'm thinking either Nutes, Heat or Water issue... I have 2 plants that are about 6 weeks old (from bag seeds). Both looked to be getting off to a great start until earlier this week when I noticed one of them had a few leaves curling UP, starting from the edges and curling up and inward. But only on a few of the leaves. So here is some info on my set up.

LIGHT- I'm growing under one 200W Sun blast CFL. (6,400K, 85 CRI and 10,500 Lumen) <--- Not a bad start on the light IMHO :)

SOIL- Is a mix of prelite, limestone and organic soil.
    WATER- I've been testing the PH in the water that I give the plants and it's coming in around 6.8 (a little high?). I did add a small amount of Nutrients to the water. It was a 10-10-10 mix. But I noticed this issue BEFORE giving any nutrients.
    TEMP- The temp in my grow room is around 75-80*F but only 40% humidity
    GROW ROOM- My grow room is under my steps, so its 4ft L x 4ft W X 6ft H

Both plants were only about 8 inches from the light, so I raised the light up thinking that was the problem. But it only happened to 1 plant and not the other. Now they're about 10-12 inches away. (Still too close?). I water them as needed, only after the first inch of topsoil is dry, about once every 2-3 days. The plant that I'm having the issue with did seem to hold more water in it's soil then the other. I have recently flushed both plants. They're in 1 gallon post right now. I transplanted them into these new 1 gallon post last Tuesday. I had some slight yellowing on the tips of them when they were just little sprouts, but since then all of the new leaves have been a nice even green color. I don't have any pictures right now (I'll try and get some up here soon) but any help you may have would be much appreciated. This is my first grow and I want to make sure I understand all of my mistakes so they don't happen again.

2. any chance we can get a pic? :)

3. I'll try and get some posted later today.

4. cool man..

it's really the only way to tell. If no one gets back.. just send me a PM and i'll have a look :)

5. #5 WBJ, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010

Okay, I was finally able to snap some pics...

Plant A... (My "Healthiest" plant)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plant B... (The one with "issues")

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They each have good color (IMO), and they're both getting the same light, it's just that plant "B" seems to be a little droopy.

6. Hell, while I'm at the whole posting pics thing... Are these considered "bud spots" or is there a way at this point for me to sex them? This is just the new growth that is sprouting out. Anything I should pay special attention to? Thanks in advance everyone, any feed back is appreciated :smoke:

[​IMG]