Nutes for young plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mr johnsonvillebrat, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Hey GC..

Just looking for some advice and/or thoughts. I have read alot about young plants and how they dont need nutes for the first few weeks. My plants are already 2 weeks (from seed) and I alreay have them at 1/2 strength nutes. GH flora series ( 40 ml micro, bloom , grow.) I have ready many people saying to start the nutes at like 20% and then slowly strengthen them until they are 100 %.

My question is: How slow is slow when increasingnute strength. Last time I only waited about 2-3 days from adding 25% nute solution and increasing to 50 %. Is this too short??? Should it be longer

2. Give them full strength nutes and see what happens... I would go get Schultz fertilizer. It's like miracle grow. and give them nutes until they are dark green and healthy. When you mix, make sure the water is blue but like sky blue just guess. It probly won't kill it if you give it too much dude. I always fertilize seedlings even before they show their first set of serated leaves.

3. ^ lol

chill man i would assume that increasing 25% to 50% in three days is pretty fast

4. wait another week

5. Ever heard the saying "less is more"? It was designed with nutes in mind. Follow it and you will be rewarded.

6. sounds good thanks. Since I have already added 50 % solution and they seem fine, I will stick to that for another week or so. Thanks