nutes for young ones

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by oldandstilldoinit, Feb 4, 2017.

1. High gang, hey I have a question whats the youngest I might use mild nutes on my plants it's supposed to be OG kush. TY in advance.

2. I typically start to give my plants nutes 1 week after transplant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

3. That's going to depend. Alot will depend on your medium. Soil for example, some are loaded with nutrients that will last awhile like fox farms ocean forest, while other soils have very little.

It's up to the plant and something you'll learn. Cotlyedon leaves have everything a plant needs, so at first you're good. Then it's up to the plant and your medium of choice.

4. Thank you, yes my cotlyedon leaves are starting to yellow is that a sign of needing nutes?

5. I like to give my clone machine: Ph to 6.0 rainwater. GH calimagic, florablend(organic tea), diamond nectar(humic/floric acid),superthrive, budcandy, and hydroguard. I'll add a few drops of GH flora grow until it reaches 250ppm. I've never had a problem with over fertilizing clones. I give an identical mix to young seedlings I throw in promix to keep strains on hold for when I want to clone them.

My rainwater is 0ppm so if I just fed them that they would starve.

6. #6 falcon10911, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    Not quite, a plant that young that has its cotys yellow and die off are just entering vegetative growth from what's considered seedling. Plants that young require very very little in terms of nutrients so if you decide to feed start VERY small. At that age they should never deplete the soil to the point to show a deficiency - in some decent soil anyway. Howevet With nitrates and synthetic nutes you can certainly cause a deficiency at anytime.

but if the Cotyledon as well as part of the main foliage or the initial leaves begin to yellow - your starting mix may be too rich and couldbe burning it.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Grasscity Forum mobile app