nutes and ferts

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dinop21, Mar 15, 2009.

1. well my plant are about 2 weeks and 3 dayz old. their bag seeds and im using miracle gro organic. its all i can get...the nutrients it contains is listed at 10-5-5. so what kind of ferts and nutes should i start using. and i kno it shood be soon

2. what size pots are they in? sh

3. 8qt so 2 gallon pots, i think ima have to transplant them...when should i

4. Naw a two gallon pot is good for approx 2 ft of growth and the nutes you have are fine for veg start at 1/4 strength then two waters then 1/2 strength two waters 3/4 strength and so on.

5. wat do u mean add 1/4 strength...quarter strength of wat...thats wat i dont understand....do i have to go out and by anything and exactly wat is it that im measuring. and 1/4 or 1/2 to wat

6. i think hes saying 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 of the recomended dose on the package of the nutrients.
    You should be able to find something at lowes or another gardening store that fits your needs.

7. I think your confused because your nutes are in your soil already..........if you're using MG organic soil with ADDED time released nutes, you shouldn't add any fertilizer for a while. The time released pellets in the soil, when augmented with additional nutrients can be toxic to plants. I think that the MG with added nutes is supposed to feed for up to 3 months.

8. well yea thats wat i was told, that it had added nutes, this part is kinda frustraiting, so are u telling me that i dont have to by any nutes for up 2 three months because its already in the soil?

9. Miracle grow time release is garbage get them out of there and into some fox farm soil then add your own nutrients at 1/4 strength and build up to 3/4 strength nutrients and water every other watering just use ph balanced water.:)

10. well i could i take it out of miracle gro with out damaging it, i jus found a store near by that sails foxfarm products...is it to late to switch soil? if so will i still be able to gro in mgro? do i add nutes for the flowering stage...whats goin on what does this mean...my grow will probably be about 3-4 months mgro ferts up 2 3 months...sory but this has confused me jus a bit...i thought i had it down pak..

11. i ment can i take it out of mg soil wit out damaging any tap roots...its not the same as a transplant

12. Yes you can...just be careful and you'll be fine.

13. Look at your bag of soil again. Does it say "added time released fert" anywhere?

Does it really say NPK ration of 10-5-5? Or is it really .10-.05-.05

I have a bag of MG Organic and it doesn't say anything about "timed release ferts" like the other normal bags of MG do. And it has the latter ratio and amount of NPK.

14. Hell odinop ,I just noticed the ending of your thread and if you are frustrated let me help; When planting seedling I increse thier pot size as they fill each pot with thier growing roots. When I notice that the roots have circled the bottom of the pot and haven't yet started to tangle up and start to rootbound I increase it to a bigger pot again gradually and each time it gets new same soil and so I don't need to add ferts because enough is in the new pot- up. I do this until 2 weeks before flower and at the start of flower till the end they will be in this last pot of soil so I'll have to add my own ferts until about 2 weeks to the end of flower Then I stop and give them just water and wait for the goodies. Hope this helps. P.s. when you do add ferts do it as the fella said 1/4 strength that it says on the label then 1/2 stregth to see what they can handle without over ferting and causing nute lock- out and then you got probs Shithead:wave: