Nute Useage: Earth Juice-Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by RedDread, Mar 12, 2009.

1. High all, new to GC more of a lurker than a OP.Anyways, Here is the dealio:
    FF: Ocean Forest
    CFL 130 TRUE watts [not equiv.]
    +/- 5 degrees off 75 F, humidity ` 60%
    24/7 light cycle
    using Earth Juice -Grow for Veg. then BioBizz BioBloom for da flowers if possible.
    1/2 closet conversion sectioned off with plastic sheeting. sterilized closet, swept dust out bottom etc.

As for my question I am curious to get opinions on using the Earth Juice, my plant is around 30 days, at 25 I repotted with the FFOF then flushed once, this past watering, I added (according to the label) a mild dosage, or 7.5mL to 1 Gal. (3.785L). Not a sign of burn, in fact, the new leaves branching [LST] and the top fan leaves got darker, the very tips almost aqua green. Who else has used this for veg? The hydro store lady recommended earth juice because its real gentle, and she turned me away from tiger bloom to either bio bizz or liquid karma, saying that tiger is real easy to burn. The BioBloom was cheaper so I went with it, I liked the idea of molasses tasting corn :smoke:Thanks for looking, appreciate any knowledge or answers
    One Love

2. #2 Don Piano, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
    I use it. It is a very nice organic choice. The way I like to do it (until the plants say to do different) is a Feed, Water, Water, Feed program with it. Use medium dosage for soil on the bottle. They seem to love this. EJ is very acidic, and works best if bubbled in a bucket with an air pump and airstone for 24-48 hours, and works well with the catylist. The microbes in the EJ grow feed on the catylist during bubbling creating a whole microherd for your soil. I recommend the whole line up of products, minus the essential spray, and the microblast (that is for hydro). That means Grow/Bloom/Catylist/Meta-K.

I like Alaska Morbloom for budding because it has no nitrogen and is also OMRI listed.

Either way you go, bubbling will help stabilize the PH so minimal PH up needs to be added (if not bubbled first, excessive ph up will be needed to get it in range, then as it stabilizes in the soil causes a mad ph swing that the plants will not like., if any, and the tea works better than straight out of the bottle mixed with water.
    Always use the Catylist with the EJ grow or bloom, the meta-k is for early veg growth and mid to late flowering.

3. Awesome, I was hoping I couldn't go wrong with following the directions, but I've also heard it was fairly difficult to burn with organics. EJ Grow is all I am using, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt the FFOF already have the microherds in it (guano, castings)? or am I confusing it with Happy Frog? Am I fucked with out catalyst? and how do you make tea out of liquid? do you just add to boiling water? regardless, i fed with mild doseage and i noticed a few yellow dots, probably pretaining to that ph swing you were talking about. Will do only water next feed, check runoff.

4. It is hard to burn with organics.
    What bubbling (put water in a 5gal bucket with an air pump and airstones) does is stabilizes your nute solution. It is extremely acidic when first mixed and will take a while for the soil to buffer that solution. If you bubble it, it brings it closer to neutral and the soil will buffer it quicker and you will have less of a ph swing. Yeah there are benificials in FFOF, but you need to feed them with a good tea to keep them going. When using organics, we are feeding the soil, not the plants.
    You are not F'd without the catylist, but you will notice a difference when you do decide to use it. Either way, grow alone or with the rest of the line of nutes, it needs to be bubbled for 24-48 hours before use for best results. Also, make the mix in RO water, and feed them with plain tap water during a Feed, water, water, feed cycle, plants do need a small amount of chlorine from the tap water.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cool. you know... i saved my ass and bought aquafina and mixed the Grow in it the first time, and i think i will try it again for the next feeding. we have local spring water that tests at 7.0 and did a bacterial culture test that was completely clean. I'm doing some personal research on the tea... kinda like creating cultures in a liquid by creating favorable environment[i.e. warm, hot, muggy like a fresh brewed tea?] You da man Don P! Pat your self on the back and buy some Don P for yourself! lol one last thing outta curiousity.. why in the order Feed , water, water, feed does it matter if it were F,W,F,W?

6. wow about the chlorine. Everything I have ever read says this is a big no-no. After all it kills all the good bacteria and such in the media. What the ro water does need is calcium and magnesium. This is filtered out. Some growers just take the shortcut and use cal mag which is not wuite organic omri and all though it is sold in the organic section. A substitute is boiled egg shells and epsom salts.

For this take like 10 egg shells. Boil them in a pot of water for 10 minutes. Add a quart for a 5 gallon bucket. Or you can dry the shells and crush them and add them to the soil. For epsom salts you can add it 1 tbsp a gallon maybe 3 times through out the grow. This should take care of the ro water.

Meta K iss awesome to use when using guano teas as you base. They can provide the N and the P while the meta K wil add the K. Nice! For me right now Bio Bizz is mostly just adding the K for me.

I use guano right now in Veg with High N, then Bio Bizz, then Liquid Kelp, then fish emulsion 5-1-1, 4tbsp of worm castings, 1 tbsp of blackstrap unsulphered molasses, and a product called liqud plant tonic that is a hippie product from the ozarks or somewhere that on another site everyone swears by. Liquid karma, hydroguard, and egg shells and epsom salts are optional once in a while. Liquid karma is a sore point in my organic grow and is probably a little redundant.

so meta K is awesome for the K in guano teas. Fish lowers that ph but guanos dont in addition to providing a lot of other cool crap.

I have yet to burn any plants outa 7 right now with any of these teas, fed once a week and plain ro water with cal mag or sub in between.

my soil is foxfarm and lightwarrior with perlite dolomite.:smoking:

also I have noticed it is humic acid that lots oif other additives that seem optional add. also trace minerals. Marijuan loves bacteria better than myco.

7. Thats what I'm saying. However, I know for a fact MJ has been grown in chlorinated tap water from hell, we're just trying to create a little more optimum conditions :p Never heard anyone say its important lol

As for Cal mag and such, this is why I use locally sourced spring water, although any spring water would probably work, I can't say because I dont have the adequite water testing supplies.

Sounds like all three of us are in for a surely sweet, "earthy" smoke. :stoned:

8. Catalyst will dramatically improve nutrient uptake and overall plant health. Use with both grow and bloom fertiizers.

Do not add boiling water to the fertilizer. Yellow dots could be a magnesium deficiency or other micronutrient deficiency.....

EJ also makes an organic PH +&- that works well. i always mix mine and let stand for 24 hours prior to using.

9. #9 RedDread, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009

no no, i meant using a tea.... I have seen recipes but no directions, and because its a "tea" I thought it invovled boiling water and added material in order to fuse the raw material with a liquid. I ruled out microdef. because the yellow dots were few and far between, and only occuring on some of the main fan leaves toward the bottom, and since I just added the EJ it oculdnt be Nitrogen deficency. No more yellow dots after the one feeding, so its most likely ph. Yesterday was first watering after the feed, water went in at 7.0 ran off at 6.7~... I was like WOAH TEXTBOOK SHITT MAN :smoking:
    :gc_rocks: you guys did a good job with helping learn a little more about the products im using in an opinionated, yet accurately served in assertive statements of personal experience... :bongin: