Nute Deficiency Or Led Causing This? Please Help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by PalmPrePerson, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Hey guys,

I need some help. I have a small area with a 2 ft floro with flowering bulbs then a 180 W LED with flowering spectrum. Well the plants underneith my LED seem to be doing far worse than the ones under the floros. They all have some nute problems. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Feeding them bottled spring water, PH level of the water is at a 6 to 6.5 ish and the soil I never had problems with before. 

I attached some pics.  They are not in flowering yet, As I want to slove these nute problems before that. They are on a 24/0 right now and the LED is around a foot away from the plants, as when I read it if I put it too close it could burn them. 

Thanks. 

Attached Files:

2. Only a ph run-off measurement will reveal the true cause and solution.

3. Well  I just watered them tonight, like an hour ago, so go get some of the water thats in the bottom water pail and ph test it? 

4. Yes, let me know.

5. It came back at very close to the color of 5, so I would say a 4.75.  That seems low. What can I do? Etc? 

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. 

6. Your very welcome. As I expected your plants are in multiple nutrient lock-out from salt build-up. Every nutrient is locked-out except Zinc, Iron and Boron. Corrective action would be to flush plants as soon as possible and correct the ph run-off on each plant to 6.5 or no higher than 6.8. Run tap water through, it's usually ph of 7 or above. Keep running water through until water ph's through the root zone at 6.5, as that's the optimal ph in soil.

7. Flush completed, run off was checking in at 6.5! Thanks! I will let you know how they turn out! 

8. Yes, an update when available would be most appreciative.   :hello: