nute deficiancy for a higher yeild?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cody227, Dec 3, 2012.

1. #1 Cody227, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2012
    First....
    In question is 3 plants. 1 northern skunk, 1 purple haze, and 1 sweet kush.
    Vegged 37 days, switched lights on the night of the first of dec.
    For 2 weeks they vegged under 300watts of cfls between the 5000k and 6500k area. Then moved to a closet and a 400 watt hps. Took out 100 watts of cfls so basically 600 watts, 200 from cfls. Took out all cfls when switched.
    Soil is fox farm ocean forest. I do have the fox farm nute trio but never added any untill they started bouncing back.
    So, when they were 1-2 weeks the top of the main stem started getting discolored and stunted growth on the p.haze and s.kush. I knew the water was a tad high in ph so i added some lemon juice to lower it. This hardly did anything. After maybe 4-5 days they started bouncing back. I had to leave them in the care of someone else for 3 days. When i came back they were pretty badly under watered and having the problem again. I just kept watering them normally and while the top of the main stems didnt grow at all, the side branches were. Once the side branches caught up to the heigth of the main stem the main stem suddenly bounced back and is now healthy as ever.
    Now am i right in saying the highest part of the plant is always its main focus, and will produce the biggest buds...like a scrog? Or lst? My canopy is fairly even now with about 4-8 tops. They should all be main colas right? Or am i missing something?
    If this is all correct then could this be replicated to increase yeild again? Since they are fully healthy i would feel safe doing it. Or is it more stress than topping or fiming for the same results?
    More info...
    I still never figured out what nute def. it was. only the tops became bright yellow/white and never grew while the rest stayed perfectly healthy and grew fine.
    Also the northern skunk didnt really get the problem at all. I believe that its because shes just a hardy plant. She was a tad stressed but never too much to do anything.

2. your big "main colas" come from having good, intense light on your bud sites. i imagine pretty much any bud site could be turned into a "main cola" through some sort of training. but the really big ones are really a bunch of small bud sites all stacked together and given good healthy light and beefed up all right on top of each other.

the tops didnt grow because they weren't healthy :( the side branches still had some stuff left in them, so they more than likely used it all up and ended up catching up to the top stem. if you'd let them go any longer i imagine all your tops would have slowed down or stopped growing.

i have to ask you, do you ever feel more vigorous after starving yourself? good luck out there :)

3. #3 Cody227, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2012
    Ok...no need to cry about it. The plants are healthy.

And would problems in their past stick in their memory so they can reflect on it and get depressed?
    If they are prefectly healthy now i really dont think it would make mich difference.
    And its not like i did it on purpose.