Nute Burn or Water?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jericho17, Feb 7, 2013.

1. #1 jericho17, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
    I'm learning to grow from someone, but he broke his arm in a car accident and is recovering so isn't available to help... here's the situation as far as I know it...

Plant is approx 3 weeks old growing in clay pellets. Many nutes were added by the original grower. PH is about 6. Ambient temp is 73, though it's about 80-82 near the plant. Humidity is about 30 percent.

I've been told to water/nute twice a day. I turned off a heater near the plant to let the temperature fall. The plant is moist, and I don't see any discoloring. The grower has told me that if the leaves curl up, it means there are too many nutes. What's your opinion? Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

As an addition, I don't know the exact strain of the plant, but it is a sativa.

2. That's probably the worst way to start your first grow. It's gonna end up pretty expensive for you. Should have started with a simple soil grow. Is there a reason you want to grow this way?

Your plant is too small for 2 weeks.(stunned) The leaves look deformed/twisted/shriveled, most likely due to pH fluctuation. What kind of lights do you have over it? What kind of nutes are you using and how much?

3. It isn't my choice. This setup was given to me, thus I don't know the exact date of growing. I would much, much rather do soil growing, but it wasn't my call.

From what I know, there's a 600W MH and a sodium light as well. 600W as well, I believe. MH is about 12 inches away. Sodium is about 16-18.

I didn't do the nutes, but I can get a list of what was added. I will do that and respond here. I don't know the exact amounts, but the nutes were added to 15 gallons of water that pumps the water and nutrients in twice a day.

4. 600w will slowly cook the seedling @ 12". Raise the lights to about 20"

5. Will do that and recheck heights.

These are the nutes added that I know of: Connoisseur Part A, Connoisseur Part B, Bud candy, Overdrive. White vinegar added to balance pH, though today I'm having an issue getting it any lower than 6.8.