Nute Burn or something

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by NotI, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Can this be nute burn? Not to sure what the problem is. I searched for an answer but everything looks like it fits.

Attached Files:

2. Try to post pics of the whole plant, showing where the problem is better or worse. Nutrient burn can cause symptoms like that which start at the lowest & oldest leaves and become less severe further up the plants. Phosphorus deficiency can also cause the condition seen in those pics, but is typically more pronounced towards the middle of the plant.

3. Here are a few more pictures of my girls. Any Ideas?

Attached Files:

4. IMO it looks like a calcium magnesium defficiences.
    Tablespoon epsom salts in gallon of water. Water as normal.
    At this point I'd say that you won't reverse damage, but just a bandaid to finish her off.
    SG

5. Thank you so much man...

6. Ok, I hit it with 1ts per Gallon. I hope it helps. Girls said thank you by the way

7. #7 Jellyman, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
    Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. You have a mild Phosphorus deficiency. The yellowing & necrosis at the leaf tips is the typical symptom of P-def. The damage occurring on just half of the leaf or only on a few blades of each leaf is also common with P deficiency. Phosphorus is one of the two primary flowering nutrients, along with Potassium, and the plants need more and more of it as more buds grow in.

Also, the pots you're using are too small for the size of your plants. The drooping of the lower leaves is likely caused by early root binding. Transplanting during flowering should usually be avoided but in your case it's important to do so asap. Be very gentle when doing so. You should be able to see the roots spiraling around the bottom of each root ball when they're removed from their pots. This is the tell-tale sign of root binding.

8. Ypur post came just in time. thank you so much.

9. Here is a close up, and small update. Still not doing the best.:confused:

All the bad looking stuff starts on the fan leaves..

The PH is 6.7 on all ladys.

Just did a flush yesterday, and added a bunch of tiger bloom today to help with the possible P problem.

Went from 3 gal to 5 gal post.

temp is 75 with 35% RH

Attached Files:

10. Tiger Bloom is a good source of P. Keep in mind that the existing damage won't heal. The best you can hope for is that it doesn't spread to any leaves not already affected. They'll take a short time to realize that there's now more room for root growth and when they do, they go through a small growth spurt and continue from there at a more healthy rate. They're actually looking quite good to begin with. You should end up very happy with the results at harvest.

11. Thanks man! I will keep you posted.

12. Here are the girls a week later. Any advice? Do they look ok?

Attached Files:

13. Most of them look fabulous. There's the one in the back that is showing some leaf damage like what's caused by Phosphorus deficiency. That one appears to be the largest and may need more Phosphorus than the smaller ones.

14. Thanks, I just dont know when its getting burned from to much nutes, or i dont have enough. I think I am a little scared of burning them. How much longer do you think before they will be done? Just a round about guess?

15. #15 Jellyman, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2012
    Oh it's not nutrient burn; at least not what you're seeing around the plant tops. Nutrient burn starts from the lowest & oldest leaves, which are closest to the toxicity in the soil, and gets less intense on the way up. It very rarely affects the tops of plants that size at all. Watching for burn means watching those lowest leaves like the first single-bladed, three-bladed and five-bladed leaves the plant ever grew in its lifetime. If you increase fertilizer concentration by around 25% at a time and alternate feedings with plain waterings, by the time the nutrient levels become toxic you will most definitely see mild damage on those oldest leaves before the next feeding and long before the burn has any negative effect on any higher parts of the plant. Imho all flowering plants should display some nutrient burn on the lowest leaves by the time they're harvested. If there isn't any burn at all then they could have been fed more and under good, strong lighting, would have yielded more.

When testing plants for maximum fertilizer tolerance, keep in mind that you're only testing plants of that strain & pheno at that particular size under the same growing conditions. Any larger plants of the same type can handle even more. This includes plants of the same height bud with more bud weight, which are still bigger overall. Also, plants of the same size but under weaker lighting won't be able to make use of as much food as those under stronger lighting, assuming none of the lighting is strong enough to damage the plants from light or heat stress.

With no exaggeration at all, fear of nutrient burn causes much more damage in the pot growing world through nutrient deficiencies and decreased yield than actual burn does.

16. Sounds good, I threw a bun ch of tiger bloom at them today. I hope that helps.

17. I was just reading back at when I needed help. I really do appreciate all everyone did for me a year back. In the next six months I hope to see you all again.