Nute burn? Or something else?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sakrei, May 30, 2019.

1. Plants are master kush and jack herer. Have two 300w purple led mars hydro lights in a 4x4x8 grow tent. About 1.5-2 months into the grow and have been dealing with this problem from the beginning. All plants have it. Using fox farm soil. Used fox farm nutes to start. Tried stopping the nutes / flushing but problem persists. Noticing also at times yellowing of leaves. Checked pH looked fine (6.5) and am using tap water. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Start with the ppm and ph of soil drain off, guessing it's really high, flush and next water feed light and slowly work to max amount.

3. pH of drain off was 6.5

4. That's not terrible, I would still flush and feed slowly, looks like a heavy feeding and a lockout, also may need some calmeg. But that's what I would do first if mine.

5. And take the dead stuff off. It could be hungry also, should have asked if feedings had started.

6. We followed the fox farm nute chart (the standard 3 pack) from the start at 80%, noticed this problem, switched to 50%, problem persisted and tried some flushes. Seems we did the flush wrong though, just let it drain through once. Doing it twice now. Since its fox farm soil im guessing it was nute burn/lockout from the start and we just never properly flushed it. I'm planning for now to flush until the problem goes away and then slowly start the nutes. Seem reasonable?

7. Ya with flushing its 2x the volume of the pot with ph'd water. Some of that ft soil is hot with nutes from the start, buddy didnt have to feed his until flower with it.

8. I would do a flush. Not sure what size pot but I’d go 3 times volume ph’d to 6.5 on the 3rd gallon for example I’d make a batch of compost tea and some microbes like cultured biologix veg tea and some recharge. I’ve had similar looking issues in the past and resetting the soil and adding microbes def put me back in the right path.