Nute burn or some type of deficiency?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by criticalgrower540, Jul 1, 2019.

  1. I have noticed for about the last week, my plants have been Losing leaves, near the bottom of the plant to begin with but it is slowly working its way up, do you guys think that this is some kind of deficiency?

    Or could this be possibly too much nutes?

    I have been only using 1/2 or slightly more than 1/2 of the recommended dosage, as it says to do on the bottle, if growing in soil like I am.

    Nutes - DNF gro , switched to DNF bloom when I seen visible flowers starting. I will be adding the carbs and bloom fortifier on Wednesday as long as this issue with the burnt leaves gets sorted out.

    Thanks for any help.


    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
     
  2. For future reference -don’t take pics under blurple lights. No one can see a thing. We’ll need clear pictures under normal light to help you out my man.
    O.Z.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I will post new pics tonight when I am back, thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
     
  4. Can't tell you what it is, but probably not nute burn. Burn is mostly just tips. Also, looks like you have white powdery mildew forming on your leaves, but again, that could be the effect of the blurple light.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I turned off the red , I couldn’t turn the light off completely or else it would be to dark in the space to see the leaves I needed to capture.

    Thanks again


    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]


    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
     


  6. Yes I have already noticed the PM but I did a large defoliation, despite my strict rule to never remove any leaves unless it’s completely needed, I also tried the milk water mixture, with results for a few days but than it comes back.

    I have done some research on PM. I am thinking this only happened because I accidentally left my 2L watering container inside my grow closet for a day / night, while the fans were blowing, as well as my booster fan exhausting stale out to the outdoors.

    Do you think I could possibly defoliate all of the PM’d leaves that are visible? Very carefully of course....I want to save my crop


    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
     
  7. Not sure about defoliation as a counter measure tbh. I hear baking soda can be used in a spray, and is obviously cheap etc. Maybe look into that. I've never had pm so I don't know from experience. I have some Neem oil spray but you shouldn't use that in flower.

    As for the deficiency, it looks like it could be a combo of things, but to me it looks like it needs magnesium and calcium. From your pics it looks like its only on one or two leaves though, so not sure about that. When I last had clamag issues, I had at least a few leaves with spotting and yellowing etc. But still, that's what I think it is, however, it's useful to know other things about your grow like what if any nutes are using how often etc and all that kinda stuff.
     
  8. I have been using the DNF GROW A+B and than the bloom A + B ,

    The DNF bloom says 3% nitrogen , 3% potash , and 2.30% calcium, part A says 3-0-3 , part B is 1 - 0.5 - 3




    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
     
  9. Well, considering your nutes list calcium, but nto magnesium, I'd suggest epsom salts.
     
  10. Would one tablespoon for 2 L of water be enough Epsom salts / dilution ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
     
  11. Most people say 1 teaspoon per gallon I think. I've used one teaspoon per litre before without issues, but now when I do it, I use between a quarter to half a teaspoon per litre. Most people also do it as a foliar spray at lights off too. But I just mixed it into a watering can and watered. I think the foliar spray will be quicker to work though. Make sure to warm up the water to help dissolve the epsom salts faster (and make sure it HAS dissolved). It can also be used as a top dressing, but that's probably the slowest method.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks for the info, I used 1 tablespoon per 2 litre jug, so I am thinking it should have been enough.

    I will look into doing it via Foliar feed, I want to try and correct the problem as fast as possible.

    Thanks again and I will post back in a couple days with results
     
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I splurged and bought some cal mag today, overall they seem to have improved since the initial dose of Epsom salts, just lost a lot of leaves before the problem was corrected:/

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]






    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
     

Share This Page