Nute burn or Magnesium Deficiency?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by I<3Trichomes, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Hopefully someone experienced can shed light.

Using Advanced Nutrients, fed them a couple days ago with a light feeding (flowering week 1).

Other 3 of the same genetics are doing fine with the nutes, no burn and no curling. Then there is this one:
    [​IMG]

New growth is curling up a bit but tips aren't burnt.
    [​IMG]
    It's either reducing nutes or feeding some water w/epsom salts.

Thanks.

2. Is this pot's PH the same as the rest? It looks like the back left plant in pic #2 is sum what affected to? Due u test the PH of your runoff water:smoking:

3. Yeah, test/balance out your Ph before you try anything. Mg is best absorbed around 6.5-7Ph, just like most other nutrients, so 6.8 is a good number to have.

After that, if your numbers are okay, I'd say it's a magnesium deficiency. That causes those leaf tips to curl up like that, resembling a taco or something. Check the numbers on your fertilizer, as Mg can get locked out by having too much P, K or Ca, and, of course, by an out of whack Ph level.

Epsom salt can help, either as foliar feed or in the water. Usu dose is 1tsp/1gallon. Or, better yet, get a product called CalMag - I think that's the name. Do a search here for it.

Also, go here: Ganja Guerrilla's Hall of Marijuana Plant Abuse to find an awesome gallery of deficiency pictures. Some of the ones under "magnesium deficiency" look exactly like your lil gal.

Good luck!

4. too much heat can make your leaves look like that too...hows your temp in your growroom?