nute burn or deficiency

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by fasthonda, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Have a couple fan leaves that look like this. My plants are a months into flower if its a nuteburn i will flush and run lite nutes till harvest. But want to fix before flush if deficiency. Please help

2. It looks like nutrient burn for sure. When I used soil I had a problem with nutrient build up from not flushing regularly. Flushing is important. My plants always would start going bad at the about 2-4 weeks into flowering because I never flush.

3. that thing is coooked man. how strong were you mixing your nutes?

4. Looks more like a cal mag issue to me nute burn usually starts from the tips of the leaves and is more a orange color

5. #6 PattyMcShadow, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    jhill883 took the words out of my mou...err, keyboard
    nutrient burn is usually because of an over adundance of nutes. best way to find out if u have nute 'burn' is to think of it this way
    Imagine ur smokin a joint, there is the ash is the burnt part, there is the cherry, which resembles what is currently burning, and there is the rest of the joint, which represents whats left of the unburnt leaf. get it? USUALLY burning starts from the tips inward. im going with deficiency/ph lockout on this one.

and its probablly a micro nute as stated above, as mobile nutes usually show from tips inward also.
    ALSO, given the dark dark color of the unaffected part of the leaf, it seems u have too much nitrogen. If u are in flower, i suggest you cut down on this a lot. you want a 123 sort of ratio when in flower because nitrogen is not needed as much in flowering as it is in veg.
    give your runoff a test and see what it is, make sure ur not locking anything out before you add anything possibly making the problem worse.

6. I'm a newbie, how do you flush?

7. PH water to 6.5 and just run through. Test the PPM run off and PH and see if you are leaching out a lot of build up and if your soil is ph balanced.

8. I read somewhere to run 10 gallons of water (my plant is in a 5-gal bucket) though. Then you suggest I test the run off? I will try that, thank you so much for your help, I greatly appreciate your assistance.