Nute burn or defficiency

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by RastaReformed, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Possible nute burn or a deficiency?

Too high to text out all of what's going on but this looks like nute burn on the tips of the leaves where it's slightly a paler green. But is been there for a few weeks, just gave it nutes yesterday. Using FFOF. Plant is 2 weeks 4 days

image-957195060.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

2. #2 BigbudGbud2ubud, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2013
    Sorry to hear that. Just curious, if you thought it was nutrient burn, why did you feed it nutes?
    Maybe it got too much love? Overwatered maybe? idk good luck. You know that Marijuana loves magnesium right? Would not hurt to try a teaspoon of epsom salt in a gallon of your water. :)

3. I started to figure it was a deficiency considering I hadn't started giving it nutes so I'm starting the feed cycle to see if it gets better or worse. Had to try something.

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

4. imo it look like either magnesium or calcium defiency maybe both

5. I agree with Silentnvd, it's Mag def... unless you give us more info that's the best we can do.

6. You should not feed that girl anymore nutes until you check your PH run-off, if that's skewed you should correct that first, because if your PH is off she can't uptake certain nutrients, you could further exasperate your problem. :confused:

7. Hey, it's neither. You're plant has a virus, like a human cold equivalent. Causes marbled leaves that look really interesting, and is usually self limiting, but like human viruses can lower your plants immunity to serious shit like fungal attacks and pests.

If the new growth is still marbled within the next two weeks, or it spreads to your other plants, remove it/them. They are usually gone in a month, are often transfered by seed, or was 'contracted' by contact. It's not mosaic virus, but it's a virus.

8. Friend... I find it interesting what SkunkPatronus had to say about your issue. In my many years of cultivating cannabis I don't think I have ever see a virus... I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm simply notoriously inquisitive. Would you be willing to fill out the following information and shoot a few pics without the lights? I hope so... if indeed, observe below:

\t\t\tWe need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.

If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS & LED's. Taking pictures and taking them with lights off, allows us to see what the leaf discoloration looks like.