nute burn,nitrogen deficiency or heat stress

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by 5mokestacks, Jan 28, 2011.

1. I had something similar to that with a seedling in hydroton.... (Mine was in a jiffy grow cube thingy) After taking it out of the germinator it started to yellow in my 5 gal DWC with airstone and a microsprayer set up....

The problem actually seems to have been not enough water!!!.

Check your water levels. At the VERY least the water needs to be at the bottom of the net pot. It just might not be moist enuff.

Another thing I did was to spray the top of the jiffy plug until it was soaked 2-3 times per day.

I also hooked up a $20 vaporizer to a timer to get my humidity levels up.

Maybe I just did 1 thing right or all of them were right.. Regardless, what I'm finding out by reading forums is how basic things seem to really be.

By the way... that plant REALLY took off when it hit the water...:D

2. i look at the bottom of the cup and i see the roots any day now they will start to come out the bottom of the cup

3. I had the exact same experience as nordfink with my hydro grow just last week. I happened to try all of the same things as he/she described and found much darker leaf coloring, noticeably faster growth and explosive root development especially once the water level hit the bottom of my net pots. Additional research confirmed the culprit to be under watering ironically.

I plan on nuking them with CO2 shortly with the hopes gaining back some lost time.

4. as of now i have some roots hanging from the net pot now and she is looking good for now. there has been alot of growth.thursday i am gonna add nutes again and see what happens will post pics soon

5. U have a ph meter or a ppm meter? My experience: it is way to easy to overfertilize early on, espically when growing from seed. Use your PPM meter, u do have one right? and dont start adding nutes till you see the PPM go down in your res. Now she is hungry bump the nutes a bit. Repeat.

And before all that spend 25 dollars and get a decent grow book.