Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Nuss procedure and smoking

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by pectusgirl, Jul 1, 2013.

1. I recently got the nuss procedure done to fix the pectus in my chest. For the people unfamiliar with this procedure I had a metal bar inserted into my chest to push my sternum out and stop it from crushing my heart and lungs. Before the surgery I had 80% lung capacity and I smoked weed on a daily basis. It's been 7 days since I've had the surgery done and I'm dying to start smoking weed again but I'm nervous as to if this is okay to do or not or if it will hurt (I know coughing will hurt, I wanna know if it will be painful even without coughing). I would love some insight into when I should start trying to smoke again. If anyone has had this surgery and has gone through the same struggles I am I would really appreciate some advice! Thank you.

2. Brownie time!!!!!

3. I am currently in hospital the day after my operation and using my vaporiser fine. I wouldn't try smoking though. It's really helping with the pain more so than my morphine drip.