Nursery/Mothership

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by LoneGardener, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Hey all!

Just thought I'd share some pics of my nursery/mothership.

Converted the space under my woodworking bench by adding sides and doors (2x4 fame, 3/8 OSB top and botom shelf). Just have to add more weatherstripping to the doors for a good seal. Vented at the bottom left, hot air out the top right.

Inside is 42" wide, 21.5 deep and 25" high. Painted inside with Killex paint.

Currently 3 x 24w Sunblaster LED strip lights, 4" clearance above lights.
    Technical Data

Fan inside and fan with temp controller for venting. Keeps temps at a steady 78-80 degrees.
    http://a.co/hgcx6V6

I'll add an exterior pic later.

Currently have 20 clones in doing well.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Exterior pic

Attached Files:

3. Nice setup:D do you only make small plants in it?

4. Here's what's in there right now.
    These will be 5 weeks old Thursday. Clipped from 8 week vegged plants.

Excellent opportunity to train them just how I want them prior to going into my tent. I'm sure i could flower them in there starting today but I'd have to add more light.

Attached Files:

5. Upgraded the venting today, added intake filter for smell scrubbing, fan runs all the time so there's no smell at all now.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice! Do you have some kind of sealant around the doors for light leaks?

7. That's actually next on my list, just some closed cell foam around the edges to keep the smell in, bugs and everything else out.

No lights on in the room at night anyways so its all good for now. need it more for odour control.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've since discovered that the AC fan was making a humming sound at the lower speed and sounded more like a Dremmel tool at high speed. Good for other things I'm sure but not for a stealth setup.

I since got a pair of USB powered fans and have them running off the controller as well as the vent fan. Much quieter!

Just finished installing them this morning.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks! Been working on it a bit at a time. Only so many hours in a day!

10. Very ture my friend im working on a little space my self just takes time and money lol does it have a inine duct fan or just an out ?

11. Wish I would have this cool setup<_<:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  12. I just used a 6 to 4 inch reducer collar to cover the exhaust fan i installed. tied into the intake fan. boom, no more smell!

• Like Like x 1
  13. U designed it your self .. Its pretty cool any photos of the coller over exhaust fan .... Happy growing + building

Sent from my LG-M160 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. This is what I used over the exhaust fan. Its strapped to the side with screws and taped around to make it air-tightish.

I did have to snip out some 'grooves' to make the round duct fit over the slightly larger square fan housing. It works.

Nice constant draw coming out the box scent free.

Attached Files:

15. Improvised with what I had. Its my wood working/carving bench on top. the bottom was just storage.

Besides I went balls deep with my budget for my tent!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Any updates on the nursery are you still veggin at the moment

Sent from my LG-M160 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Just waiting for the lights to come on then i head out for morning chores!

I haven't trimmed them in a couple days so i'm expecting a sea of green when i open it up. Will post some before and after pics in a couple hrs.

Cheers!

18. Not too bushy!

Nobody likes a big bush!

Attached Files: