Nurse says being addicted to weed is just as bad as alcoholism

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Arcangelo, Feb 26, 2020.

1. I had to come here to vent, what a fucking idiot nurse man! She is fucking Mod at another forum, she already banned me twice she is a fucking feminist that hates men I can tell. Fuck that fucking bitch man, I don't wish bad things to happen to her but how can a nurse make such an idiotic statement. OMG!
    The WHO recognizes the medical/therapeutic value of weed, one would thought that a NURSE would know that. I have been sober for 8 years, I cured my alcoholism with weed. I am glad this community exists.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I was a nurse and I'm telling you that all nurses are not created equal. Some of the nurses I've worked with were so ignorant (and thought they were so smart) I wouldn't let them cut my nails. It sounds like she's not one of the brighter ones and when idiots get into positions of responsibility they're usually not the type that do much self reflection. She don't realize she's an idiot and there's nothing you can do to make her realize it, you should forget it and move on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks Ed! Yeah I am gonna give that forum a rest for a while.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Need another nurse

5. kick her god daughter in the chest

6. Anyone want to play devil's advocate and entertain the nurses assumption with examples? Just for fun?

Here's one point she could.make, weed costs waaaayyyy more than alcohol. A poor person can successfully get drunk.for decades on a small budget. A person Wouldn't be able to last that long with weed before going broke and giving out hjs for dime bags lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Any addiction can be damaging whether it be alcohol, weed, or video games. Her opinion is just that, her opinion. You seem extremely worked up just because someone has a different opinion. I’m am guessing your cheery disposition played a larger part in those bans than did a difference of opinion or the fact that she is a feminist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. word.

9. Weeds a blessing from jah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  10. This has always been a big 1 from the non smokers in my family.

"Well its illegal, and governments wouldn't make something illegal if it wasn't bad for us. The government wouldn't lie"

They'd say that slurring their words and falling over drunk. While us smokers would laugh to ourselves, and eventually just leave.

The reefer madness mentality is still fully alive in some of the older generations

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. hi tootall ,,well i am nearly 70 smoked weed since i was 16 ,just glad i aint one of them olders who hate weed ...ive had more trouble with alcohol than weed ,like you said i to laff at drunks falling of their bar stools while denouncing weed as being bad for you ,but its not always the elder gen who do this a lot of a younger ones do as well,,you still see reefer madness in a lot of UK press ..mac

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Good morning/afternoon mac! Very true, the ideology gets passed down. We need to be honest with the younger generations. Its mind boggling to think people still hold cannabis in the same category as blow or dope like wtf.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. All I can tell you is what my doctor tells me
    Smoking anything is bad for you, so I brought a mct oil tincture in for her to check out and she didn’t have much to say about that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Perhaps teaching self awareness in schools would be a more up to date way of learning

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. #15 old shol4evr, Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. The nurse is right. Addiction is always bad. Of course this is semantics, but an addiction is a compulsion you are unable to control. And I’ve know people over the years who cant control their use of cannabis. Cannibas abuse/addiction is more common than the stoner community would like to admit. The good news is if you have a problem with cannibas it’s isn’t physically addictive, but that doesn’t mean abusing it won’t create problems in someone’s life.

17. Addiction is a subjective and contextual thing... I mean, if we are talking physiologically, obviously 30 years of alcoholism is going to do more damage than 30 years of smoking pot, but at the same time, both addictions run the same course; they empty your wallet, alienate you from loved ones who do not partake and overall, just influence your decision making, usually in a negative way.

In some vein, the two are comparable for sure, but I mean if we are talking straight facts, which most people are not, then yeah, she is definitely right.

18. The responses in this thread are awesome. We all kept an open mind and found valid points for both sides of the discussion. I thought I'd wake up to a whole bunch of hate on my comment

• Like Like x 1
  19. Right on. Im on my second day of quitting smoking and I think if I ever do want to get medicated again I'll most likely eat it

• Like Like x 1
  20. No what happens is that I was spreading redpill knowledge and they don't like that over there, so I got temp banned twice.
    And I like to think that there is a difference between a feminist and a feminist that hates men.
    Not all feminists hate men (I hope)

Is redpilled knowledge welcomed here at GC?