numerology

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by DenialTwist, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Numerology has a funny way of marking out my life. The first time it announced itself to me was 20:02 20/02 2002. A quick flash at an airport arrival zone. 4/4/4 marked a key emotional moment and strangely enough 6/6/6 also left it's mark. Key emotional stages at numerologically significant dates. 1 is a dot, 2 is a line, 3 is a pattern. I guess at this point I became observant. 7/7/7 and 8/8/8 were also significant. The people that coincidences bring together and slowly you realise that there are no such things as coincidences. There is a master plan going on.

The 1's are the most beautiful of numbers. 11:11. I don't remember when I first started noticing them just that all of a sudden they were there. My spiritual companion in life.

Today I had a really great day and I wanted to write about it. It felt different from the moment I woke. My cat was cuddled up into me like she does when I meditate and work with energy. I've been shining all day. Walking in the rain and every traffic light was green. Little things, nice things. Stopping to buy a friend a warm tea, and having a sliding doors moment next. I met this rather beautiful girl and I find it quite funny that I find myself wanting to write about her and it's my 777th post.

I went to see my bro and she was there. Upon reflection as soon as she saw me walk in she moved along the bed for me to sit next to her but I had to shuffle along. When we did cross eyes we started talking. It took me a while to notice she was beautiful! I was lost in the smile and the energy. It was only when I left that I realised she was flirting with me.

I don't know her name, or if we will cross paths again. I hope we do. People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. On the way home 11:11 popped up again at the till, it has a funny way of doing that. Yes a loving day.

We are what we manifest. Don't think bad thoughts.

2. 666 satan
    999 god
    9-1-1 01 emergency

3. [quote name='"DenialTwist"']Numerology has a funny way of marking out my life. The first time it announced itself to me was 20:02 20/02 2002. A quick flash at an airport arrival zone. 4/4/4 marked a key emotional moment and strangely enough 6/6/6 also left it's mark. Key emotional stages at numerologically significant dates. 1 is a dot, 2 is a line, 3 is a pattern. I guess at this point I became observant. 7/7/7 and 8/8/8 were also significant. The people that coincidences bring together and slowly you realise that there are no such things as coincidences. There is a master plan going on.

The 1's are the most beautiful of numbers. 11:11. I don't remember when I first started noticing them just that all of a sudden they were there. My spiritual companion in life.

Today I had a really great day and I wanted to write about it. It felt different from the moment I woke. My cat was cuddled up into me like she does when I meditate and work with energy. I've been shining all day. Walking in the rain and every traffic light was green. Little things, nice things. Stopping to buy a friend a warm tea, and having a sliding doors moment next. I met this rather beautiful girl and I find it quite funny that I find myself wanting to write about her and it's my 777th post.

I went to see my bro and she was there. Upon reflection as soon as she saw me walk in she moved along the bed for me to sit next to her but I had to shuffle along. When we did cross eyes we started talking. It took me a while to notice she was beautiful! I was lost in the smile and the energy. It was only when I left that I realised she was flirting with me.

I don't know her name, or if we will cross paths again. I hope we do. People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. On the way home 11:11 popped up again at the till, it has a funny way of doing that. Yes a loving day.

We are what we manifest. Don't think bad thoughts.[/quote]

I have zero clue what your talking about so confused but sounds cool :)

4. i am and always have been in love with the rain.....
    and she knows it

sitting in the dark
    on a broken chair
    watching the rain fall
    listening to the sky let lose her tears
    giving her a shoulder to cry on
    i wipe her tears from my face
    and we go on together in spite of them all
    when the world has turned its back on her
    she knows she still fills my dreams

sorry that one line in your post .....i do love to be out in the rain
    .......on topic....
    numbers and coincidence...
    everything is coincidence......or nothing is.....
    numbers....
    i too see them....all lined up together.....
    for some time it was 3s....
    nowadays it can be any number at all....
    i notice it in passing.....and let it go......
    do these groupings of like integers hold any meaning at all........
    i couldnt claim to know
    but i still notice them....

5. Thanks...I guess :) I wanted to write about manifesting your thoughts and about energy and many other things, but I had to start with numbers and it involved a girl :)

The number 3 :)

I remember one night in particular...I went to bed at 00:00 and proceeded to wake up at 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44 and 5:55. A restless night a good few years ago. It might have started then. Like a reset button, from then 11:11 has accompanied me on my spiritual journey.

The rain, made me think :)

6. #6 iMaven, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
    ehh i'm a little skeptical... on all the meaning of the times and such.. I'm sure there are many more times when you check the clock and it's nothing of significance..
    I seem to see a lot of things that stand out to me, but it could all just be part of being human.
    maybe there is a deeper message that we can learn from these things, but are they actually planned?
    by whom are they planned?
    Sometimes I think fate is a choice. who knows.
    I tend to believe in palmistry before Numerology..

Do you know about personal year interpretations?
    What about the diff numbers you can calculate from your name and birth date?
    I think it's ridiculous because there are 2 legends used: Pythagorean numerology and Chaldean numerology.. This changes many, but not all, outcomes.
    also, i've taken the time to FINALLY equate the flavors of each number to the different points in the enneagram system (which I'm 100% sure is reality unlike numerology)
    here they are:
    numerology to enneagram
    1 is 3
    2 is 2
    3 is 4
    4 is 6
    5 is 7
    6 is 9
    7 is 5
    8 is 8
    9 is 1

These "flavors" (I can't think of a better word) definitely align with eachother... Why is this?
    Is numerology the universal system?
    and enneagram is determined by the solar system?
    :/ i just can't figure it out. i don't see why these flavors align perfectly yet not in any logical order that I can infer.

i know my enneagram type and that of those around me, but i'm confused by all of our numbers that I get from numerology calculations.. i'm stuck on whether or not to use pythagorean or chaldean numerology as well. some people combine both.
    all seems very illogical to me..

7. "When you abandon scientific rigor, you're no longer a mathematician - you're a numerologist."

8. I remember this one time my girl and i just got done smoking, i put a drum n bass mix on, and started calling in the universal energies to be there. After a minute or so my attention was drawn to license plate number, street sign numbers, numbers on cars.. all of them were sequential, starting from 11, 22, 33, 123, 333. at that point and time i felt that was my place to be. almost everyday ill see repeating numbers correlating with thought patterns or actions, or emotions. Also the modern day white horse! I am always seeing white mustangs :)

9. Interesting quote, I googled it, a film called Pi. Sounds interesting will see if I can find it.

A numerologist is a more advanced mathematician for they have a gift, which to some may seem a curse.

10. It is from Pi, and the last line you wrote is beyond controversial. I could just see Riemann smashing his forehead off his desk now.

Numerologists have the gift of bullshit.

11. Even though I know numerology is what our existence is based on, I was taught that fiddling with it was fiddling with black magic; so I never touched on the subject. I just let things be.

12. Beyond controversial?

Numerology comes down to one point...you either see numbers or you don't. To those who don't see them this is heresy, to those who do see them, well it can drive a few mad.

A numerologist should especially apply scientific rigour. Mathematics is the language of nature.

13. Numerology does not apply scientific rigor. Mathematics is certainly the language of nature, but numerology is not the appropriate use of mathematics. Seeing numbers or not, attributing them to meaningless things makes no difference whatsoever.

14. yup, i really wonder why it aligns with the enneagram and also aspects of astrology.
    There's more of an art to astrology/natal charts than numerology, for sure, but I know it's not any more valid because of that (unless I count my subjective experience).

I think we consciously recognize patterns maybe lending credence to the idea that the numbers are calling out to us.. i don't really believe that's the point of "Numerology". like a radio station isn't that number for a reason.. you don't reduce the radio station with the numerology reduction system to find a hidden message.
    otherwise you'd' have to do it for all the numbers you see...
    maybe it applies to birth dates, but so far that's the only potentiality i see.

15. That must be the difference then.

3rd post down, some guy called Frank
    Tpuc.org Forum

youtube sacred geometric frequencies

16. 7. That is all.

17. I do not believe there is any order, unity of plan, or meaning in the universe. As such, I think that all numbers are random entities. Therefore, I think it's superstitious and unscientific to attempt to seek rationality in numbers. Pythagoras, as well as pioneering much of mathematics by exploiting his elves, also maintained that the essential order of the universe could be understood in relation to quantity, and, well, this doctrine did not lead very far!