Numbnutts outdoor super citrus haze And random awesome kush , 1st outdoor grow.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Numbnutts, Aug 20, 2016.

1. That's awesome. I'd love to see some pics I checked to see if you were keeping a journal but couldn't find one. It is very therapeutic , no other plant provides such great pleasure in every aspect. What strains are you growing. Indoor or outdoor. I believe you said indoor correct. What lights etc. Medium? These journals help especially just starting because you really getc to go back and see what's worked and what hasn't. And the first grow. You gotta have memories to keep of that.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mj is one hell of a beautiful plant. 20160816_140623.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. I think it's just beautiful that you're growing outside. Wish I could get some seeds and do that. Hope it goes well for you. May big nugs be with you...

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've been so damn busy this year I can hardly keep track of the plants let alone a journal haha. I did start a little thread a while back that i post updates in
    Professors First grow

I am growing two super lemon skunks and two New York City diesels. Here is a few pics I snapped changing resovoirs just now. The pics are of the super lemon skunks 7th week of flower.

Im growing in 17gal storage totes doing a larger bubble bucket method setup. The skunks are under a 600w hps and the diesels got a 400w hps.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. I can't wait to see the buds on those ladies! I've always heard people say that outdoor bud is never that good or it can never compare to indoor... Etc. Outdoor sure looks to be killing it right now haha! When you re did your home did you incorporate an indoor gardening area?

6. Th
    Those are absolutely beautiful , the one plant I had a tough time with was sour d. Idk if it was just the breeder or what but dam I had to constantly fight em to get em through. Yours are gorgeous.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I did actually. I left a good 20 by 10 area that I've been working on ..for the moment I've got the couple outdoor plants and then at the moment I have a 5 by 5 tent up with a 1000 watt hps lamp. Ordered some seeds. Star 47 , skunk47 , new York 47 , marmalate , and an auto , some white widow and kandy kush. Ivery got a plan to have the 20 by 10 space cut into 2 areas a 5 by 10 room for mothers and veg and cloning , then the rest of the space I'll be flowering in. At the moment I have 2 600 watt hps lamps and a 1000 watt hps. So I'll probably toss the 1000 in the middle with a 600 on each side. Since the 600s cover a 5 to 6 x 6 area each and the 1000 will cover a 6 to 7 by 7 foot area I should be OK with plenty of space to get in and move around the plants. Instead of a bunch of 5 gallon plastic buckets I'm going with 30 gallon smart pots this time and maybe lower a 600 off in the corner to do a little sea of green grow. I guess I'll figure that out when I get the walls up , I really wanted to make sure no one that's a stranger would have to be down there doing shit in the house.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 20160816_222800.jpg here's the space I'm working with to build my new rooms. Plenty of space. And the tent is there till the rooms supplies are ready to go. 20160817_180415.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Not so sure how I feel about the 1000 hps yet. I've loved the 600s been able to control heat no problem and able to get the tops 8 inches from the lights...I guess I'll see this time if the 1000 is better or worse. Depends on the heat I guess.

10. 20160816_140518.jpg 20160818_120811.jpg 20160809_235121.jpg my biggest concern with outdoors was will the plants be eaten alive by pests. But it hasn't happened yet. So yeah inside we can control every aspect of the grow like it won't rain on the plants in flower. But I don't see much of a difference so far actually my outdoor plants look better so far than my indoors did. Nice clean

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thank you it means a lot that you say that. As I said this is my first time growing. I learned everything on the internet, sometimes it's hard for me to know if they look good/like they should. But the positive affirmation helps.

That's a lot of space your gonna have in there, I am very jealous. What kind of strains do you enjoy growing? What is your average yield out of your 600w? What kind of medium do you use?

• Like Like x 1
  12. 1st off. Amazing first run bro. Awesome job. So basically before I ripped my house down and rebuilt it , I had a 5 by 5 space in that spot I showed. I had 2 -600 watt hps lamps with enhanced spectrum bulbs. It's like adding mh to hps.. A charcoal filter hooked up to a 300cfm Maxair fan , I had 3 oscillating fans 2 on the floor 1 on the wall. I'm pretty happy with the results ive got.
    Promix hp , which has extra perlite for drainage (best there is imo)
    OR promix myco which has mycorzhae or whatever the hell they're called in the mix. It's bacteria that attaches to the roots and breaks down nutrients making it easier for the plant to use.
    Promix is a soiless mix , it's like Pete Moss , dolomite lime , and perlite ..it's basically, I'd say the equivalent of 1-1-1 not hot but not sterile at all. Very easy to grow in. I used 5 gallon buckets and id always always add stuff to it like Gauno and earthworm castings. It's basically hand fed hydroponics , me and only me is the one to add or remove any sort of food to or from the promix , promix basically holds roots while you feed what the plant needs. ..here's the mix
    1-promix soiless mix in 5 gallon buckets
    2- one 4th the bucket was earthworm castings. Ewc are fucking awesome. It really gives your plants that boost in the start that they need. It won't burn seedlings.
    3-high nitrogen Jamaican bat guano just a few tablespoons , guano can be hot or gentle depending on the one you buy.
    4- a bottle of biothrive organic grow
    5- a bottle of biothrive organic bloom
    6- a five gallon bucket or bigger that I always keep full of water and an air stone adding oxygen to it. It's great for the roots.
    My favorite strains to grow are
    1 star 47 it's a hybrid , mostly indica with some sativa traits from the ak47. Short flowering time. Like done in 50 or so days.
    2 haze , I loved growing haze because it has a taste no other kind has. Real haze is so different it's awesome but it takes like anywhere from 80 to 130 days to finish flowering. The one I have now super citrus says it finishes in 8 weeks. Not bad. That's why I'm trying it .
    I've grown so many strains at this point I don't even remember half the names but I'll try.
    Ak47, Skywalker x og , sensi star , critical sensi star, the purps, the black , black Russian , white Russian , great white shark , God bud , blueberry , white widow , a few hazes, blz-bud, girl scout cookies , Chem dawg, train wreck , LA confidential , northern lights , blueberry x trainwreck , LA confidential x northern lights , Northern lights 5 , og, Larry og , og 18 (hated it) , fruity juice , skunk 1 , super skunk , hash plant , kush , kosher kush , afghani kush , afghani special (amazing) , sour d , new york sour , new york 47 , widow 47 , (I'm a big fan of shanti babas ak47) i love it actualy , tangerine dream , cheese , cheesewreck , supercheese , pitbull and fuck man and about 150 other strains. I'm gonna try and remember em ..it's hard over 15 years though.
    In the 5 gallon buckets with the 2 600s I'd say my final pull per plant (strain dependent ) is about 6 to 10 or so Oz dry ready to puff . Some plants close to half a pound , some were around a quarter each. I love indica because I love the feeling and I love the tastes and smells and even the structure of the plants. I like to top em , FIM em , tie em down , supper crop em. Whatever is gonna give me as many tops as possible within the 25 day veg it takes to show sex completely. Once they show sex I untie em all and let all the even tops reach for the sky. Then I get those 600s as close as humanly possible. I like a nice shirt flower period because I'm impatient , but with all this space I'm definitely gonna try a couple 100 plus day strains. There's so many strains it's hard to remember what I've grown and havnt. I created my own strain I'm working on now. I took a female Skywalker x og and I pollinated a few buds with pollen from a male la confidential x northern lights and I'm now gonna be growing it's 3rd generation. I love this shit. Finally around the 4th or 5th generation I will at least have seeds that mainly produce the same plant. There's still different phenotypes though. One is like the mom Skywalker x og. One is like the dad then there's the mix of the two which is what I'm trying to get every time solid.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Came home today from. A weekend away and the plants are definitely flowering now. Full force. The structure of growth has gone from Bushy to stretching and filling in the branches. Very happy so far. They're bone dry right now though so I'll be watering tonight plain water. Last couple were bloom and grow off and on one then the other. 20160821_210530.jpg 20160821_210551.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thank you for your kind words my friend! You have grown quite a bit of cannabis! I hope that one day I can grow half as many strains as you lol. Really interesting when you start getting into to breeding the plants. What do you call your strain your working on?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks be to the Lord , held off watering and it massively poured out. Haha. Nice. Happened the last 3 times new that's probably why the super citrus in promix and a smart
    Pot is showing lite Green to yellow fans down the bottom. I fed grow a couple times figured I'd stop at end of stretch and it got washed out I think , there is no over watering a smart pot. Air will always get in and water will always get out.
    Well it's funny you ask. So I met a lot of good people on here through the years and now I've got a whole bunch of friends , they're from all over the place Colorado , Washington , Australia , London and everywhere between. So we all started talking offline and helping each other out. One awesome dude sent me a bubble bag set up. Shit. That cost some money so these guys became legit great friends. A good dude from Chicago area sent me some seeds that were la confidential x northern lights and I had the Skywalker x og so since there's a famous road here in Boston named the Jamaica way and my buddy who gave me the male genetics was named j I called it JWAY. I figured it worked out perfect because everyone here knows the JWAY and when everything goes no restrictions here in November I plan on marketing it and going legit. Mj club , mj tourism , grow classes , clones , seeds , cannabis cups , pool tables , lounge area with tables and tvs and rentable ps4s and Xbox 1s. Virtual reality golf and full occulus rift set ups with call of Duty and all sorts of good shit. Live music , the whole nine. Food , everything to do with mj legit. I can't wait. It's OK being medical and having a caretakers lisense but I wanna take it to the next level and pay taxes and the whole 9. Now America as a whole is preparing to get rid of prohibition. That shit is done. I know because the govt just passed a law saying zero federal funds can be used to fuck with medical Marijuana patients it was just made legit in the 9th circuit court of appeals , that's huge. They don't allow federal dollars to do busts or anything. That's good let em worry about the fucked up heroin problem anyway. Mj isn't hurting anyone. Anyway yeah I got way off the road there I was on. But anyway im calling it JWAY.

16. So here's my plants about 3 weeks 2 and a half into flower. The super citrus is super hungry I'm seeing a lot of yellowing in the fans on the inside bottom. But no yellowing on the kush indica plant at all. I can't seem to stop it with the citrus haze And the plant is developing fine so I won't worry. I'm half the way through almost of flower they're just taking off big time , I already fed the citrus haze 2 full blast of grow in a row and that's the first time I've ever fed anything full blast. They never need it only now I'm dealing with 30 gallons not 5 so it's a little different. Pics to follow this post.

17. 20160822_171349.jpg 20160822_171313.jpg 20160822_165730.jpg 20160822_165743.jpg 20160822_165509.jpg 20160822_165348.jpg here's the citrus haze with the most red stems I've ever come across without it being a defficiency , and great spacing on the branches. Flowering nice but yellowing quick.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 20160822_165614.jpg 20160822_120141.jpg 20160822_171342.jpg 20160822_171342.jpg here is the kush , doing great. Flowering stretching. And staying much greener than the citrus haze. Maybe because I built the soil this ones in and top soil has some sort of food in it as opposed to promix that only has what I put in there ...I added cal mag to both plants today. Both dried out almost completely over a 3 day period of 100 degree heat.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Citrus haze 2 and a half weeks into flower. Fed last 2 feedings full blast grow

Kush 2 and a half weeks into flower. Fed last 2 feedings half strength flower ..
    Today both got cal mag and bloom food. Looking ok so far. Drainage is awesome on both. A little too much with the kush theyes a little too much perlite I think which is why the water goes in the top and comes out the bottom. Next time 1 4th perlite not half the barrel.

20. Found a beautiful baby mantis today. No ill effects from the Cal mag. Today is a good day 20160823_164121.jpg

• Like Like x 1