Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Numbness throughout body

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Devon90, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Hey guys
    Here's the deal. I've been smoking weed daily for the most of the last 3 years. Good quality Canadian bud too. Anyway I've been travelling and didn't smoke for 3 weeks, and only smoked a couple grams in the past 2 months. Last night my friend gave me some weed And I hit it in a bong, only a VERY small amount, but it hit me quite hard. About an hour later my leg started to go numb. NOT a tingling kind of numb, but the kind of numb where I could have stuck a fork in my leg and not felt it. It also felt warm and fuzzy. The numbness moved up my body and eventually my entire left side was numb, even my face and teeth. Last night this only lasted 3 hours, but today it came beck and its been over 12 hours. The numbness seems to move around, but always staying on my left side. I have no other symptoms.
    I am in the hospital now and will be spending the night. I'm gonna get some tests done tommorow. The doctor said it could be the weed, but the fact that it only my left side that is affected is a bit of a worry.

Has anyone here ever heard of or experienced anything like this?

2. isn't it pins and needles. i have it sometimes but only in my legs which is why i think you've done the right thing just to get it checked out. the doctors might laugh at you if its just being high but its still worth it....when i get it in my legs its like i have prosthetic legs its kinda fun

shit just reread and saw ur in the hospital.....dont worry about it too much man im 90% sure its nothing

3. This does happens when dealers spray RAID insect spray on the buds to weigh them down heavily. The chemicals cause youre body to do that.

Jk, but forreal thats some crazy shit bro I am sure you will get better A$AP just hit that ganja soon its healing will take over :smoke:

4. how long did it take to get better? i am experiencing the same thing

5. lol it never got better, he died.

6. i don't think he died, i might though

7. you won't die.

he did though

8. shroomkid is this normal? i smoked at 2pm like 2 days ago for my second time in my life i took like 5-6 big hits. about 10 minutes after smoking i stood up and got smacked by the marijuana god, my body was all tingling and numb, it stayed like that for the whole rest of the day i went to sleep thinking it would wear off. I woke up the next day feeling fine but about an 1-2 into my day after getting up and walking around the numbness tingling hit me again and lasted all day long and even today i still feel a numb and have that tingling feeling. its almost like someone is massaging me inside of my skin with a really soft brush, almost tickles

9. I didn't die thankfully. The numbness was mostly gone after 3 days, but it stayed on the left side of my face for another week. I feel completely normal again, and I've been smoking daily the past couple weeks, and I've had no problems :D
    I never felt tingling though. The left side of my body warm and fuzzy, and I felt nothing when I pinched my skin.

10. The problems has subsided now but I still have a faint numbness, just happy to seer you got better.

11. It's back on again lol its not all in my head either. I think its because I don't exercise and when.I get up and move around the THC is flowing again trying to.get out of my system

12. ah I don't know man certainly never happened to me or anyone I know. may be unrelated to the marijuana but it does sound similar to ops experience. I don't know if anybody on this site would beable to help I've never ever heard of this. maybe ask granny :)

just be safe in the knowledge that nobody has ever died from smoking weed :)

13. does it keep kicking back in at around mid day? if so that's weird.

14. No the numbness only went away for a few hours the morning after smoking but as soon as I got up and started moving around it came back, and has stuck with me since then. Tonight the numbness seems to be more faint though. I take vitamins drink plenty of water, not sure what it is

15. don't know man your probably just really high you did say it was your 3rd time smoking.

weird stuff does happen when you just start smoking

16. Thanks for the help shroomkid, hope this shit goes away soon

17. no bother buddy. me too.

18. you might have had a stroke.

19. I used to have a sketchy dealer who had weed like that, it made you all numb. It might be laced though, id recomend to drug test yourself to see if there are any other drugs in your system. If there are tell your friend since he might give laced shit out to other people.