Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Numbness And Tingling Persisting Days After Smoking

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by uncomfortablynumb1, Aug 20, 2014.

2. if the people with pins/needles, numbness, jumpiness were to go to an internist he/she would probably tell you that there are a lot of medical/psychological reasons.
    i have experienced the above symptoms daily for several years. i've been to several neurologists. their diagnosis is peripheral neuropathy. they all asked me if i was diabetic or a heavy drinker. i'm not diabetic or pre-diabetic and not a heavy drinker. so, they don't know what is causing my symptoms. they are somewhat abated by taking nortriptyline.
    i'm 64 and re-started smoking pot occasionally about 8 years ago. i smoked a lot for a couple of years back in college. i have also suffered from restless leg syndrome for about 15 years. i can't really make any correlation between my symptoms and smoking pot. in fact i sometimes believe that pot helps relieve my symptoms. the pins and needles feeling usually gets worse from smoking a cigarette which i do occasionally.
    my doctors are not sure what is causing my restless legs which i take mirapex.
    i believe my symptoms are caused or at least aggravated by stress and anxiety.
    i've had similar maladies over the years and it has seemed like they stopped after the stressful situation stopped.
    i known hundreds of people who have smoked pot - from occasionally to daily. i have never had anybody tell me of such symptoms.
    i might suggest to those above to perhaps talk to their primary care doctor and either get a referral to a neurologist or self-refer. but, first have your primary care doctor rule out diabetes or any other organic reason. some forms of neuropathy can be cured to controlled if caught early. you should be upfront about pot usage; drinking; using other street drugs or prescribed drugs. your doc might not be happy but, they can't turn you into the police because of doctor/patient confidentiality.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dude same here. My whole body is tingling right now. Can you update me on what happened?

4. Hi there, I am currently having these symptoms after smoking 1 hit from a Gatorade bong. It has lasted for 3 days now and it is only increasing in pain. Soft objects like clothing, bed sheets and other cloth material activates the sensation. I think the problem starts from when you panic mid high. Also hard and solid objects do not cause any pins and needles sensation when touched. I also found that increasing the movement of my hands usually cures it for around 4 seconds. I will update the post if anything happens or when and what day it stops.

5. Hey there it is day four and the tingling in my hands is still here but slightly not as strong as the last few days, I am thinking that a light weight like me can be affected by this syndrome if getting cooked really fast, hopefully it goes away In a week when the cannabis should be out of my system. Also this affect of tingling I think is the healing process of your mind after being cooked. I will update soon when things start to change.

6. Hey it’s day five, the symptoms are still persisting but muscle pain is starting to show in the thumb area, Maybe this is not the weed but a pinched nerve, going to get blood tested to find out the truth to this all. Also it might be this certain flu I have causing these symptoms, dunno but it’s as suspicious as f$&k

7. OP is 4 years old.

8. Theres what's probably causing you these problems you're smoking via a damn Gatorade bottle, stop being a cheap & get a glass bong or a pipe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I know this thread is pretty old, but I am currently experiencing what SWIM went through.

I am not a smoker and am in particularly good shape from college athletics. The first time I was high I experienced extreme hallucinations and dramatic negative mood swings. I threw up, and tried to sleep it off. The next morning I felt fine.

I decided to try weed one more time a few months later, getting weed from a dispensary this time, thinking it might be safer and more controlled. Yet after smoking not even 3 hits from a joint, the same negative feelings and panic attack occurred. Though this time I was able to control it a little bit, I woke up the next day with the similar feeling of numbness and tinglyness. So far the feeling has been on and off for a little over 24 hours.

It gets worse when in a bed or touching something like a blanket, sweatshirt, or towel. Along with this, my sense of touch is also delayed and my body feels like it reacts to touch or movement a second late.

For the most part it seems like I have been able to deal with it, but falling asleep/ staying asleep is very difficult.
    I’m also experiencing weird paranoia still? It may be because I’m anxious for the feeling to be over.
    If anyone can help me or give me advise on how to stay calm and get past this I would really appreciate it.

Thank you SO much for posting this thread.

10. How are you doing now?

11. Wtf? Cooked? It's probably not weed related but due to some other issue man LOL

12. Is this thread closed I have some possible insight on this phenomenon which I also experienced on the reg but it’s not letting me post it! ://

13. It says I may need to talk to an admin to be able to post it.. Anyone know how I can do that?

• Like Like x 1
  14. @RMJL @ICGreen @Chunk message one of the mods dude & see what's up.. I can reply to it so the threads open..

15. Is there a limit on how long posts can be maybe? My post is pretty long :/

• Like Like x 1
  16. Don't think so.. I've seen huge posts on here before

You've just replied to me so the thread must be letting you post:confused_2: are you using the app or are you on a web browser??

17. Sometimes posts will go into our Mod queue, waiting our approval. That is the message the member gets.

So just post it and then we will see it needs attention.

:smoke:

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Yeah I know it lets me post these short replies but not my long detailed post.. hmm maybe it limits what new users can post? I found this thread while researching this phenomenon and I just joined so I could add my insight/personal experience in what helps me!

And I’m on the mobile web browser!

19. Browser or the app?

Perhaps do it in three parts?

Newer members do have some (unspecified) initial limits.

:smoke:

20. Oh ok that makes sense! You might get 3 from me in the queue as I tried to post it a couple times sorryy :/ just ignore the less recent ones!