Numbing emotions

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by baurman, Jan 12, 2012.

1. So I was just sitting here thinking how awful my life is, living in a foster home, separated from family, I try to talk to my siblings but they don't even know me anymore they ignore me and don't even want to take the time to get to know me, etc etc. Life just isnt going well for me right now so I load up a bowl and smoke some weed and magically, all this emotions, frustrations, sadness, etc. goes completely away. It makes me happy to live life again. I just get scared because I know I still have to deal with my issues when Im sober but then that's when I start thinking to myself, maybe because it's all in the mind. Whatever you think about, you will attract in life, so the more I think about bad things the more I will attract it. When I'm stoned, it frees my mind, so it reveals myself to me making me feel happy because I'm naturally a happy person. So whenever I am sober, if I just keep positive and not think about negative things, maybe this would have a positive effect on my life?

2. You are on the right fuckin' track buddy. Keep searching yourself. You are already there.

3. Forget the past for it is not real, one should not relate to their past for it feeds the ego.
    Live for today, kn this beautiful moment.
    Stop resisting to feeling for it does not matter if you are "enlightened" because you wwill still ultimately feel sadness.. pain..
    if you stop resisting then you can truly just experience the moment

4. #4 Klipp, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
    I've been going through some stuff too. 2 days ago I was depressed all day and it brang nothing but negative things and yesterday I had the same attitude, but today was a different day, I told my self that I would stay happy all day, everything went my way today.

if you stay positive things will get better, you just have to stay strong.

5. Pessimism is a mind killer. Embrace optimism my friend! You've got the right idea with ignoring the "bad"... all it does is feed animosity.

6. The most dominate force in your life - your will.
    Do you know what's in your mind? Electricity, the most dominate force in nature.

Your natural instincts, senses, need you to survive so they serve the purpose of detecting harm, sharpen them through meditation - the ultimate stress reliever when you are high or sober just see it through. Live strong, live long!

7. "With one foot in the Past and one in the Future, youre pissing on the Present"
    ~N.A. proverb

:smoke: