number of plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Lodewijkp, Oct 24, 2014.

1. I have grown MJ outdoors , never indoors ( i do grow all kinds of other medicinal herbs indoors) 

a grow tent of 3 feet x 3 feet and 6 feet height  , how many plants can i grow in such tent 
    OR 4 x 4 and 6 feet height , how many plants can i grow in this one.

my outdoor plants always become huge so i want to know how many indicaXsativa or autoflowering strains i can grow in such space.

im interested in growing med gom 1 and medi haze indoors

thanks

2. It depends on how you wanna grow em boss. Do you want a SOG or a ScrOG? You going for soil? Hydroponics?

Are you going for big yield with familiar strains? Or do you want diversity?

You can comfortably keep anywhere from 3-16 plants in a 4x4 setup, depending on what you wanna do

• Like Like x 1
  3. If you're used to growing outdoors, I would only grow one or two in that space with a huge smartpot and top more than once so it fills the space.

4. Just reread, if you're doing autos, I'd say maximum you should try and fit would be 1 plant/sq ft.

5. #5 MrMileHigh, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
    I however have grown 4 in a 3x3 with 600w and yielded almost a pound, and am currently growing 24 single Cola plants in a 2x4 space with no veg period.

I don't know which I like better yet, but am leaning toward only keeping 4 under each light.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ambitious! And fuckin awesome.

I've always wanted to try SOG, I'm more of a fill the canopy kinda guy.

7. I like to do a little bit of both, I have one side of tent with 3 under a 600w HPS and the other side 24 under a 600w HPS. The SOG will be primarily used to try new clones that I get and to keep a constant supply of my favorite strains.

1414106530135.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Looks great!

9. usually, indoor growers develop their skills at pruning, so they can grow plants in any size room. The way I grow, 3x3 would probably be 1 plant. 4x4 would also be just one plant (with more room to move around.)

10. Yes, it's a 90 watt bloom booster all red LED. It turns on a little before my HPS and off a little bit after.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #13 Lodewijkp, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
    ladies and gentlemen i thank you for your replies

i got pruning experience with medicinal herbs and fruit trees , my knowledge revolves around pruning to increase maximum yields. my outdoor MJ plants have huge yields , i do high stress pruning etc have huge amount of colas on each plant

is there a special way to prune indoor grass to fit more plants in the space without lowering the yield too much ? 

i like diversity but my main concern is having yields that are to low to medicate for my condition i also do not really want to grow a single plant because if you lose it you lose it all , i also want to grow at least 2 strains. 

by the way i love your sea of green lol 

12. If I were you, I would put 4 plants into the room, 2 weeks apart from each other. I think this would give you the best combination of yield, quality, variety, and a steady supply as you would be harvesting every 2 weeks. Since they would be a variety of heights and at different stages, you would need to raise the plants from the ground to keep an even canopy.

Here are 4 plants in a 3x3 space, adjusted for height with cinder blocks.

1414177760069.jpg

13. #15 Lodewijkp, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
    im thinking about buying 2 grow tents..2  4x4... il buy a 4x4 first and i get another later .i got  2 rooms that already have pipes that replenish and suck air build into the ceiling, in one room i already got a shower installed to shower plants if needed.. i will go for a 125 W CFL  6500K 7770 lumen lamp ( maybe a second one if im not satisfied with the light intensity)  and a vertical exclusive blue spectrum TL that is used for aquariums ( i used this one before for desert palms and cacti, both jewel and philips sell these )  and  a ventilator build in the bottom. 

seeing your picture and pictures of others i got some good ideas on how to prune them to fit the given space without lowering yields too much. 2 weeks apart seems like really good idea , this fall i had 7 plants total that needed to be harvested all at once , its such hard work especially if you have huge plants. 

i have germinated over 100 species of rare plants .. temperate plants , tropical/ subtropical plants most are medicinal, stuff from the himalaya or weird plateaus in the andes mountain, but i have to say that growing medicinal grass is so god**mn fun it never becomes boring and there are so many strains ! it's like 1000 types of chocolate ! it's always a succes !

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wow, so many great methods on this thread for maintaining a constant supply of meds. I added a small seedling/clone box running T5s to the mix this year and it has been a cheap and easy way of making the most out of my big tents. Using the small box to prep small seedlings and clones for 1-2 months, then pop them into the bigger tent under 600w when the big ladies are harvested.

It's not just the number of plants but the frequency of harvests as well. Like many of you, I'm after variety AND yield; still experimenting to find the right balance. I do find that having more than four plants allows me to kill off or hold back the weaker phenos rather than keeping them in just to use the space/light.

Lots of great stuff here lads, really shows the diversity of grow styles that can be used to achieve fantastic results.