nugglord's Outdoor Hashberry Grow '08

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by nugglord_420, May 29, 2008.

1. Whatsup GC?

Got myself a new grow coming up this year. Here's a little background info:

Hashberry from Mandala growing at the 45th Parallel. Been growing 2 of these babies indoors for the past couple months and I recently moved them outside into 5 gallon buckets. They're out in a clearing and get a decent amount of direct sunlight during the day. I noticed this morning we had frost, but it will be gone soon and the plants continue to grow. (what a hardy strain, WOW!)

[​IMG]

I don't have pictures of the plot handy at the moment, but I will have some in the next couple days.

My other plans include taking clones from the plants and bringing them home for mothers, and also putting some clones with the other 2 outside later on.

2. Okay I stopped by the plot to check on things today. One of my plants is still looking a tad yellow at some spots, but seems to be getting better. It also looks like some kind of rodent tried digging into the soil, but got stopped by the root system. I got molested by woodticks while walking through the swamp and then attacked by mosquitos at the plot, which is ideal for keeping intruders away (I don't expect to find some, anyway).

So here's the family.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh and the spot looks a little shady, but I got out there right before the direct sunlight hits them. They get at least 6 hours of direct sun.

Attached Files:

3. UPDATE - JUNE 3rd. 7 Days since transplant.

Went out the plot on the 31st. Took some pictures, but left my camera across the state after a road trip. Now I've got to wait for a friend to ship it back.

Here's the update anyway. In two days I've recorded 4" of new growth on both plants. They responded very well to the topping and I'll start LST pretty soon. I'm going to check them again in the next couple days depending on weather. We've got thunderstorms in the forecast for the weekend, so we'll see.

4. ohwell, the are looking good mate, keep it up!
    Ps. have a lil suss of my grow, nothing special but hey :p

5. UPDATE - JUNE 4th. 8 Days since transplant.

Today I checked on the recent growth. Plants grew about 6" since I last saw them on the 31st. I Started LST on main branches, spreading out the growth. Exposed the bushy midsection of the plants to more light and gave them a small haircut. They smell NICE.
    Also may have spotted a ball on one of the plants, so I'm keeping my eye on it.

Thundershowers in the forecast for the weekend, which is surprising. We've been having a wet year so far, so I hope it keeps up. Saves a lot of time by not having to water everyday. Also hope to get my camera back soon for more pictures.

6. UPDATE - JUNE 8th. 12 Days since transplant.

Hi all, another update. We had some nasty wind last night, so I was concerned on my way to the plot today. I borrowed a buddy's ph meter to test the soil, but it was some cheap hunting tester that didn't even work. Got to the spot and the plants were looking very nice. All that wind made their stems thicker and they grew a few inches from the previous tie down.

Observed a few small white bugs, which I assume are white flies. I have some Ortho-7 in the garage to take care of that little mess. ;) I still haven't seen balls on the plant I was suspicious of before, but I'm still keeping an eye on them.

So today I just did some general maintenance. Tied the branches down further, snipped a couple dead or obstructing leaves. Both are starting to resemble an octopus, haha. Oh, and I found my old digi a couple minutes ago, so I'll take some pics next time I'm out there. (I miss the macro shots on my Fuji, damnit. It'll be back soon.)

7. Looking good nuggs. Thanks for sharing! I am at parallel 38.

8. Ah man, I haven't seen my plants in almost a week! :eek:

But we've had plenty of rain and a watchful eye, so all is good. I think tomorrow I'll have an update with some new pictures.
    Stay Green.

9. UPDATE - JUNE 16th. 20 Days outdoors.

Whatsup everyone, just got home from the plot. Things are looking VERY nice as usual.

I trimmed a few leaves that were obstructing light, gave them their first nutes at 20-20-20. Also sprayed some insecticide around the place and on the plants. There were a few white flies and very little damage. The best defense is a good offense, as they say.

The tops responded well to the topping I did when I was last out there. The LST is going great too - on one of my plants I'm seeing 4 new tops coming off the main branch. And they're pretty damn bushy. Well, take a look at the pictures and see how it's going.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh and one last thing. As I was typing this I found 3 ticks crawling on me, so outdoor growers - watch out for those little buggers.

Attached Files:

10. Hashberry is some primo man, Mandala is tits with their genetics. I wonder how Hashberry handles the outdoors. Grown outdoors much? ANyways man good luck w/ the Hashberry. ANd that's a nice sign by that tree house lol. I hope that tree house doesn't get too much traffic if it's by your grow. Peace bro.

11. Yeah man, Mandala is the real deal. Low price, great genetics (Hashberry 2006 and Satori 2007 High Times Top 10), and a really helpful company.

I've grown outdoors a few times before, but just let the plants go naturally. This grow I'm experimenting more with different techniques like LST, Topping, and supercroping. And I'm using nutes outdoors for the first time.

Nah man, that tree house is in the middle of NOWHERE. My buddy and I built it years ago and we used to camp in it alot. There's actually a second floor on the ceiling, which is kind of like a porch. Smoked lot's of bud in that fucking thing.

Oh and the sign was stolen from the local ski hill, haha.

12. Their prices are great and they have bomb weed for sure, it seems that their breeder is sick so all their seeds are sold out everywhere. I'm sure I'll come across a cut sooner or later though. Good luck with the crop man and that sign makes sense coming from a ski hill, probably talking about the lift.

13. Yeah, Mandala Mike has been kinda sick and Jasmin has been taking the controls lately. I checked out their website and they'll be back January 1st, 2009. Can't wait, because I want to get my hands on some Satori. :hippie:

14. good to see a hashberry grow man.. haven't seen it in a while.

they look great! And yeah mike & his gear is the shit.. he's so unpretentious about everything unlike some of those other breeders.
    best of luck man.

15. UPDATE JUNE 23rd. 2 Days since Summer Solstice.

High all, got some new pictures. Plants are looking beautiful. :D

This one is looking mighty bushy. She's got 22 tops already!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out the tops coming up the branch from the LST.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed the pictures, I'll have another update sometime next week.
    STAY GREEN. :smoke:

16. ....wish I could grow hashberry outdoors.

Mandala's genes are amazing, everything looks awesome lord.

Take care and be safe.

17. I was trolling around the Mandala website and got some new information. Just a small nugget, but an interesting fact nonetheless.

I've come to the conclusion that I have both of the common Hashberry phenos. The differences mainly come down to the amount of branches, and the difference has been noticable since day one. One is extremely bushy, whereas the other has fuller fan leaves and more space between the nodes.

I'm pretty sure which one I'm going to be taking a mother cutting from.
    Stay Green.

18. which did you pick and why?

Any differences in odour/color/bud production or is it just the degree of branching?

19. Nice to see another Mandala outdoor grow, there is another guy on here growing Speed Queen. Great Genetics.

20. Looking good man, some nice lst'ing going on.