Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

nug?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mackmeister, Nov 28, 2010.

1. I know this may sound like a noobish question, but what exactly is considered a nug? The term nug gets thrown around alot, and everytime i look at a bud that's supposed to be nug its different. I've always thought it was supposed to mean dank weed, but i've seen people with "nug" that just have a bigger than average bud that looks nice, but isn't as potent as dank. I smoke dank almost exclusively, so I was wondering what the actual terminology for nug was supposed to be... I've had a dealer tell me he had nug before, but even though the bud did look nice and you could see crystals it still had the normal weed odor and not the dank smell i'm used too... thanks alot for the help, this terms always given me trouble because it seems like this term is used very loosely in my area, it depends moreso on the person for the meaning it seems like.

2. Where i come from you have the option to buy schwag or nug. Nug is the actual buds, havent really come across nug here that wasnt dank. Schwag is the compressed brick shit. I think the bud your speaking of as less potent is what most people would call "mids". Personally i dont believe that mids exist?, its just decent schwag that looks better than most.

Hope this helps,

3. well around whare i live nug is the samething as skunk dank chronic just good weed :D

4. To me nugs are the actual 'nugget' of bud.

5. yup, this.

6. Of course there are mids, are you CRAZY? lol... It obviously cant be black and white with all the different buds going around. There's the mexican brick weed that is notoriously seedy and bricky and the whole fucking nine yards. SCHWAG. Then there's dank ass dro, crystally as fuck, smells great, then there's fuckn "dro" that just aint exactly top notch. You got some leaves you see that dont have cyrstals on them, blah blah blah. There's DEFINITELY mids.. And I just got into a huge rant about that, haha.

Ohhh yeah, nugs. Where I'm from, people use the word "nug" as well, a piece of bud that is similar to a Mc.Donalds nugget, sort of. It's basically a good chunk of weed, well maintained that is still in tact from the main big bud. A nug.

7. nug weed grass pot chronic marijuana hemp cannibus.........all the same shit

8. there's lots of HUGE nugs that just arent as dank as the smaller nugs on the outside, they just break open nicely...

but it all depends

9. Same here. It's just a bit that is still tightly packed and unbroken. But, the term might differ from place to place I guess

10. Something that means your not possibly getting things other than weed in shake.

11. Ugh I understand slang is regional but calling good bud "nug" is just silly to me. A nug is an unbroken up chunk of herb. Could be .2, could be 10 g's or more.

12. exactly.
    aha, when someone says, "who's got nug?" around here, i take it as who's got weed. plain and simple, lol.

13. "Nugs" are just buds; the term is used to distinguish them from shake (broken-apart buds, perhaps with some leaf) or schwag (compressed, undifferentiated shit).

14. Nug = bud, general term for weed but also a more specific term for the big chunks you usually get weed in.

15. Well in my experience when a person says "nug" they are referring to one bud.