npk values in coco

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by seemore, Sep 21, 2010.

1. hi guys an gals

having looked i am interested in doing a coir grow but am looking to do a kinda organic style, my prob is that being in the uk i cant access some of the same things that you guys have, mainly the marine cusine that Mr Ed has been using so.....

questions are if i get the ingredients together i am wondering what npk values i should be shooting for, ie can get some organic ferts that give a value of 20,20,20 or 5,5,5 or 3,2,7 and so on, loads of choices but not a clue as to what would be good, experience so far has mainly been with normal ferts

also wondering what i can use for ph down in a organic set up or will just normal ph down be ok to use, asking as have read that it can kil off all the good bugs so is there a safer experience, besides mrs went mad at me when i spilled some phos acid on the worktop and it just took the shine off, so it is strong stuff lol

2. Apple cider vinegar, that's my pH down! pH up is baking soda! Neither are very strong, so if you have to adjust pH greatly in one way or the other, find something stronger. But, with pH 7.3 base water, adding nutes + pinch of AC vinegar = 6.1 pH.

I have a bio-blizz sitting in my cabinet, its an organic based hydro nute brand out of Holland. Girls seem to take to it well, ive since switched to something else as organic isn't top priority for me :) The other option for organics is either tea's out of natural components such as guano, bone meal, etc or using these as additives in your soil.

Check out the organic growing section, those guys have tons of tea recipes that will be suitable for coco. Someone told me to think of coco as like a dwc that needs extra cal+mg, but doesn't clog or grow nasty fungi & algae :)

I am prolly the last person to be handing out advice though, just started my coco up a few weeks ago :) Im sure someone else will come by and give some real good pointers :smoke:

3. hi Norcali

thanks for the heads up, have had a good look round the organic over the last few days and am starting to get a bit of handle on it :confused: sort of lol