NPK Percentage & Ratio - Vegetatoion, Pre-Flowering, Flowering & Fructification

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dr_Green, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Hey I find your numbers to be very interesting. I'm trying to follow your recipe with a soil grow and I'm trying to figure out how much fertilizer to mix....

For your weeks 1-3 of flowering you have a 3-12-14.5 NPK (percentages..?) I'm mixing three different fertilizers into four gallons of water to get these numbers.

Fertilizers:
    5-10-5
    0-10-6
    0-0-7

So, Should I use teaspoons or Tablespoons??
    Ok, to simplify... One gallon of water would be:

0.6 tsp of (5-10-5) would equal 3-6-3
    0.6 tsp of (0-10-6) would equal 0-6-3.6
    So far the total NPK is 3-12-6.6, right? Plus:
    Just over 1 tsp of 0-0-7 to add up to 3-12-14.5 - ish?

Does this make any sense?

Then, I'm trying to make sense of your PPM Max and Min..

I found a formula on a couple of websites: (10xN)÷ 0.768 = ppm for teaspons of fertilizer, where "N" is the value of N, P, or K on the label.

So, we are looking for PPMs for NPK of 23.04 156.25 188.8, respectively?

Then I'm noticing that your MAX PPM for the P at any stage is 100... what gives? I must be misunderstanding...

Can anyone help me figure out how much of these three fertilizers to mix for my soil grow?

Thanks!

SWGreenThumb

2. Don't forget there's other minerals in your mix and its a little hard to be precise when only making 1 gallon at a time. Tho what ever you do just make sure you use a PPM pen and don't go over 800ppm.

Are there liquid or powder nutrients?

3. Greenthumb, Dr_Green is a complete fraud. Whatch who you listen to on here, even the high rep guys can be phony. When it comes to N-P-K number will be the same no matter how little or much you use, since these numbers refer to percent present not dosage.

4. You should probably cut out your 5-10-5 nute. It shouldn't be neccesarry

5. #65 GrapeStreet, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011
    Here's a couple of the top tested in Denver ATM.

Blue Dream
    Form: Raw Plant MaterialMoisture: 9.98%

Calculated Active
    Cannabinoids
    CBD: \t0.49%
    CBN: \t0.36%
    THC: \t21.84%
    CBC: \t<0.01%
    THCV: \t0.39%
    Relative Ratio
    Cannabinoids
    CBD: \t0.21
    CBN: \t0.16
    THC: \t9.46
    CBC: \t0
    THCV: \t0.17
    Total Active Cannabinoids: 23.08%

--

Sour Diesel
    Form: Raw Plant MaterialMoisture: 1.08%

Calculated Active
    Cannabinoids
    CBD: \t0.3%
    CBN: \t0.06%
    THC: \t24.19%
    THCV: \t<0.01%
    Relative Ratio
    Cannabinoids
    CBD: \t0.12
    CBN: \t0.03
    THC: \t9.85
    THCV: \t0
    Total Active Cannabinoids: 24.55%

--
    DAK
    Form: Raw Plant MaterialMoisture: 16.24%

Calculated Active
    Cannabinoids
    CBD: \t2.11%
    CBN: \t0.1%
    THC: \t23.87%
    THCV: \t<0.01%
    Relative Ratio
    Cannabinoids
    CBD: \t0.81
    CBN: \t0.04
    THC: \t9.15
    THCV: \t0
    Total Active Cannabinoids: 26.08%

--
    These are professional strains from professional growers, tested by a professional laboratory. It's real professional like...

Some are from Amsterdam, some from SoCal, some from NorCal.

36% sounds high, but nothing's impossible. And the efficacy of a test is highly relative to the sample, and not distinguishing of a plant's overall potential.
    --
    Fructification is the correct word and is applied to all generative angiosperms. Well done, science boy.

At least a part of all vegetative material, with the explicit exception of primary and secondary pedunkles (big stems) are consumed through the inhalation of the exhaust from combustion of the dried plant material. This includes Pistils, Calyxes, Leaves, and Tertiary Stems. With a plant such as Cannabis, the flowers are the calyxes and are the most desired portion. During growth, a metabolic switch in the plant changes from vegetative growth to...fructification, the production of calyxes and pistils, also known as pistillates (female only flowers). Should one of these flowers be inseminated by pollen, it will grow a seed inside it, same as a grape or a tomato, with the primary difference being that the fruit of the Cannabis plant is dehiscent, and the two carpels that make up the calyx split, revealing the seed.

Chuw on dem werds, boi. I'll lern ya goode.

While horticultural expertise can be achieved by simply "feeling" it out (a result of human's historically synergistic relationship with plants, commonly known as Enthobotany), understanding, with empirical precision, the mechanisms behind the actions that are observed will produce uncompromisingly positive insight into the practice of growing and an understanding of the process as a whole, from a wide-angle perspective.

General knowledge of plants (regardless of the species...) will help you grow better cannabis in the end.