NPK nutrients calculator, work in progress, help needed

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Peissa, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Hi friends, im noob on posts but old on grows. Let me tell a small story. The link to calculator is a bit hidden into two part, copy and join. if problem please send a private.
    Few time ago i decide to get my room emancipated so i change all my soil to hydroponic system and more automated. It made my so happy that now i´ll plain to mount the third hydro room ,a guerrilla balcony.
    Actually I grow lettuce,tomatoes, onions, peppers and more, with sunlight, CFL and HID, but some basics are the same on all plants. Nowadays cannabis stay away on my life.
    Worried of read lot of urban´s, big´s,biksa´s, jorge´s, ed´s, grass´s, book´s, magazines and many many more, i had a conclusion NO ONE GETS the PERFECTION, any of them say you how to do, but all say how they do and it wont be good for beginners nor for more experienced cultivators. "http://www.megaupload"
    Some people says me that "I dont care the Ph" and it goes pretty well...let me think...you have a good water and a good PH, you dont need to correct, you dont need to check because "the check on itself its nothing", if you measure your Ph you will say that "Im only checking but not correct any" when you have all things well YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO, our work starts when things goes bad. You can spent years watching on TV crazy stunts on a bicycle , but youll never can do that unless you practice, watch it on TV doesnt help to you, you can read 20 books of cannabis and dont learn anything, ill take no more that 2 pieces of paper of any GURU you want that are usefull for the cultivator, you can grow cannabis 10 years and at the 11th year you learn a bit more, I ride a car more years than Vettel, but im not a winner.
    Im looking for a guru that says me how to grow at 90ºF and 75% Hr and get that "600gr square meter" that advised, on soil and not SOG with 400W HID. All of us know the parameters, but the problem isnt know that, is reach that parameters. Furhter if you use different strains you need different, but similar, cares. ".com/?d=5YZU8XIL" Also growing winter/summer or 400/1000/LED, are not the same thing. You can overdose your plants more easily with 250W than using 1000W. People talk about feeding on veg, okay my 105W grow CFL is THE SAME that the 400W HID blue sprectru...continue thinking that.
    About the few TRUTHs some are:
    - Your grow room isnt the room of your friend, even using the same hardware (fans,lights,pots). The tent will not perform the same all year.
    - Your best friend is your brain, but even so you will need to use a paper and a pen (i think paper is cheaper than free time. My boss dont sell me holidays).
    - You cant do it perfect but CAN do it better than last time.
    So im start to do a XML "paper" it is on progress, but the problem is, I want formula what do that, i know what to do but I dont know how do it. Previously it had other things like "water consumption", now I erase some things and center on NPK ratio, and later I will add more "grow notes", because they are things more important than others. Also im working on nutrients like Ca,S,Mn,Mg,Fe,B,Mo,Cu, Zn, etc , and how to link "weeks" and reset ratios when flush.

I hope you liked my story, any help on XML and maths are welcome, im looking for XML or maths experts. Not salary only greetings.

2. interesting read
    I'm not sure i compltely understand what you are trying to do or not

I gather you are trying to find a formula in which you woudl enter the values of temperature/humidity/light levels/age of plants/strain characteristics/CO2 levels and any other variables that may influence the plants need for nutrients. That is an excellent idea

I actually found this post in my search for such a formula using google. I doubt that one exsists but it would be good to have a basic idea. If anyone reading this can list off general rules of thumb as to how the environmental variables affect the ideal NPK for cannabis please put a word in
    I'm surprized to see this thread has no responses, this is the type of thinking we need to see more in the growing community so that we can all have stellar results

One thing I do know is that phosphorus is absorbed less easily when temperatures drop, so in a colder climate a higher P value would be of benefit. And vice versa for a hotter climate.

The general NPK given for blooming cannabis is 1-3-2, which helps as a starting point, but I think it would be very helpfull to tailor specific NPK levels to specific growing conditions