Now what

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Buttuh, Aug 6, 2019.

1. 2nd outdoor plant ever. First was in a pot. This year I choose the ground.
    Day 103.
    I’ve trimmed some leaves already but I’m hesitant to keep going without some advise!
    Now what do I do?? I want bigger buds this year!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm not sure if I'm the best to give advice because I'm one of those, put it in the ground or pot people and leave it alone. I give mine sunshine, rainwater (as much as possible) compost tea and harvest it when it's ready.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thanks so much!
    I did that last year, 11Oz yield but small buds with a heady high that didn’t last long. ( yes I watched the trichomes til milky and minimal amber ). We’ll see what this harvest bring!

• Like Like x 1
  4. <--waits till the amber looks like big sweeps with a 4 inch paint brush under the microscope @ 60x. Smoother, less jittery high that lasts and lasts.
    Mid to late Oct for harvest.
    Are you doing IPM ?? Powdery Mildew and caterpillars can screw your crop in short order.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. Awesome. Thanks!
    Sorry what is IMP . No issues with mildew or critters this far.

6. IPM = (Invasive Pest Management)
    Green cure for the powdery mildew.
    BT for the caterpillars.

[​IMG]
    Cure can be found at most hydroponic shops.
    Baking soda can be used in a pinch. @ 1 tablespoon per gallon of water.

BT for the Caterpillars. AKA bud worms.
    upload_2019-8-6_6-39-26.jpeg
    Bacillus Thuringiensis
    This can be found at most Garden centers.
    Both are rated for organic use and are very low risk. I lost my first grow to caterpillars and tossed 5 pounds of beautiful buds as it was all infested and molded where each drop of cattie crap was. Heartbreaking time.
    I won't grow outside without the 2 products.
    Both need a once a week application.
    Running a bug zapper nearby helps limit the moths that are the source of the caterpillars in the first place.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. I know you will get different answers but I don’t strip leaves from any plant. As noted above, keep an eye out for critters as they are quick to move in. Best of luck with your grow.

8. I would die. I lost a branch to the wind last year and almost cried!
    Amazing. I will definitely be acquiring this!