???now What???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dsmor180, May 1, 2007.

1. well here it goes. i started outdoors growing recently and god damn growing for the first time is hard lol. basically, i have 3 plants in 3 seperate pots and each of them are at the stage where they sprouted their first two basic leaves about a day or less ago. Also, i have 3 more plants in cups waiting for their first two leaves to meerge so i can transplant them. i am probly going to have to plant them in woods somewhere in a park or something because my parents will most likely notice 6 seven foot ganja plants in my backyard. Now, leave the spot selection up to me, ill handle it with my friend. But, there are some questions that i have at this point and id like them to get answered by knowledgable members in this forum

first one is, how long will my plant be in the veg state and if i see budding begginign to take place(little hairs growing on the plants), is that a sign of it not being in the veg state?

second one is, i know you have to add fertilizer at a certain point to the plant. when do i do this? how much do i use? how do i add the fertilizer as in how do i give it to the plant(put it in soil or what)? how often do i give it fertilizer?

third: is there anything else i need to give to the plant besides water and fertilizer and soil and sun? i heard something about nutes or some shit so is there anything else i need to give my plant besides fert, soil, sun and water?

also, i think i know that sexing is when the male plants pollenate the female ones but....how does this work? how do i tell immediately which plant is which sex? how do i handle sexing? how long does it occur and basically yea i need to klnow everything about sexing from you guys.

also, i know some people use rope to tie their plants in certain positions conceringing branches and stems etc. do i have to do this and why is it done?

also, what kind of magnifying glass do i need to buy to look at the trichs to tell when they are ready to harvest because they need to be 30-50% amber and the rest like clear or cloudy right? how do i know when 30-50% are amber because i know you dont count up the trichs and turn that into a percentage?

THIS IS A LONG READ AND I APPRECIATE ANYONE READING IT AND PLEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSEEEEEE ANSWER MY QUESITONS GUYS, I AM FRIGGIN CLUELESS ABOUT THIS STUFF AND YES I HAVE READ SOME STICKIES AND WHAT NOT AND POSTED SO PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESIONS AND SUCH.

ALSO!!!!! IF YOU DONT FEEL LIKE TYPING A LOT OF INFO ON THIS THREAD, PLEASE PM ME FOR MY SCREEN NAME FOR AIM OR MY PHONE NUMBER SO THE CONVO CAN FLOW A LITTLE SMOOTHER.

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING GUYS!!!!!

2. lol you sound like me a month ago.

Basically, you need to go out and read a ton. Find some online info, read some books, watch some tutorials, all that there is to learn go out and learn it. Then read everthing on this website you can find.

As for telling the sex, just post pics later. People will tell you who is who.
    Male plants pollinate the sexxxy females and instead of buds the females make seeds. So you take your MALE plants and burn them or sell their leaves to enormous dumbasses who can smoke them for a horrible headaches.

As for fert, basically what I know is don't use Mira-Gro at all and DO NOT use Fert when they are young. I've read no fert under 24 days old, some say longer. You dont want fert burn -- I killed 4 of my plants this way. Fert also needs to be introduced slowly, you dont just dump a bag load of cow poop on it. I dont know what kinda ferts, others will tell you that -- I'm still learning too.

Mary-Jane is a weed pretty much so all it really NEEDS is water sun and a place to grow. Ferts just make it bigger & better. Lots of sun and no overwatering or underwatering will get you ganja.

LST - Low Stress Training is the whole tieing of the plant down technique, it is not required but it keeps your plant low to the ground among other benefits.

3. yea thanks man i apreciate it. i think im gonna look at some videos cuz reading and me are like jews and hitler(dont worry im jewish so i can make jew jokes lol). as for the fert thing, form what you said it sounds like you just put it on top of the soil where the base of the plant is so correct me if im wrong. also, can someone in addition to answering my initial questions tell me what is a good fertilizer or anything i need to look for in a fertilizer, how to introduce it slowly into the plant, when i need to, what amounts and basically the process of ferting it.

also, with the whole sexing thing, how do i know when the male starts pollenating the females? also how long do i need to let the male do its job? is there any particular way for it to do it or do i just need the plants to sit next to each other for it to be done? also, how do i know when it is done pollenating and when to remove it?

and finally, if the female produces seeds instead fo bud like you said, then how does the bud grow on females because i know the actual weed that you smoke comes from females.

4. bump, please help me out guys

5. one response for waiting a day?? common guys help me out here

6. Yeah these are all VERY basic questions you can find the answers to in about 600,000 other threads. But, I'll answer a couple for you to the best of my ability.

1. Your plants will be in veg. outdoors untill the seasons begin to change and the sun starts going down earlier. This is why indoor growers switch to 12/12 to force their plants into flower, they are simulating this naturally outdoor occurrance.

2. You can start adding Ferts when the first sets of leafs (Cotelydon aka small round ones) begin to yellow and fall off. These leafs contain all the nutes (Nutrients) a plant will need for its first few weeks of life. Then Its up to you to supplement.
    When you buy your nutes look on the back of the bottle for reccomended doses. Start off at about 1/4 the recommended ammount. You just mix the nutes into the water and water your plants. Only use the nuted water about every other watering to avoid nute burn.

3. Every week or so go and check on your plants and start looking closely at the internodes for signs of "balls" these are male pollen sacks. Rip those bastards out immediately so they dont pollinate your females and you end up with seedy buds.

4. Using ropes to tie down the plants is called LST (low stress training). It could be wise to do outdoor to keep the plants stealthy. If you tie them down it will keep the plants from getting 7' tall and they wont have that obvious christmas tree look to them that just screams MARIJUANA!!

Thats all for me man. And a freindly reminder to DO YOUR HOMEWORK. You will not have a successful grow if you expect everyone at GC to hold your hand through the whole process.

Good luck and KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT ABOUT YOUR GROW

7. cool thanks man, im definitely going to start some research tonight lol