Now we know where Cheney was the past eight years.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dickie4:20, May 14, 2009.

1. Im sure he kept all the accounts of torture on detaniees close at hand while in office.

If these "enhanced interrogation techniques" stoppped terrorist attacks why didnt he release them while in office? Ill tell you why.

The real reason is these authorized interrogations in april and may of 2002 (which is before the Justice Dept. gave any legal opinion) were done with the main idea of trying to force a confession of some sort of link between Al Qaida and Iraq.

It wasnt done with the intent to gather intelligence that would stop a terrorist attack against America.

But thats what the neocons and torture supporters want you to believe.

In my view, every statement by Cheney is a goddam lie. Who could trust anything this guy says?

Yesterday Colin Powells former chief of staff said, So furious was this effort [torture] that on one particular detainee, even when the interrogation team had reported to Cheney's office that their detainee “was compliant” (meaning the team recommended no more torture), the VP's office ordered them to continue the enhanced methods [torture]. The detainee had not revealed any al-Qa'ida-Baghdad contacts yet. This ceased only after Ibn al-Sheikh al-Libi, under waterboarding in Egypt, “revealed” such contacts. Of course later we learned that al-Libi revealed these contacts only to get the torture to stop. There in fact were no such contacts.”

Lawrence Wilkerson Drops an Iraq-Torture Bombshell | Democrats.com

And now did you hear of al-Libi's suicide? Of course you didnt because most, not all, in the media decided to ignore it. The BRAD BLOG : Coverage of al-Libi 'Suicide' Almost Wholly Absent from U.S. Mainstream Corporate Media

Of course the mainstream media hates reporting facts...

The few respectable news organizations like McClatchy, reported on this story about a month ago. Report: Abusive tactics used to seek Iraq-al Qaida link | McClatchy

Even Nobel Prize winner Paul Krugman blogged on the New York Times, “Let's say this slowly: the Bush administration wanted to use 9/11 as a pretext to invade Iraq, even though Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. So it tortured people to make them confess to the nonexistent link. There's a word for this: it's evil.”
    Grand unified scandal - Paul Krugman Blog - NYTimes.com

One of Jonathan Landay's (guy who wrote the story for McClatchy) lead sources was a former U.S. Army psych. Maj. Charles Burney, “who told Army investigators in 2006 that interrogators at the Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, detention facility were under “pressure” to produce evidence of ties between al Qaida and Iraq. “While we were there a large part of the time we were focused on trying to establish a link between al Qaida and Iraq and we were not successful in establishing a link between al Qaida and Iraq,” Burney told staff of the Army Inspector General. “The more frustrated people got in not being able to establish that link . . . there was more and more pressure to resort to measures that might produce more immediate results.”

I think we've finally found out why Cheney was AWOL the past eight years in his secret locations.

But what was he overseeing?

I can only imagine.

2. Surprise?

Not at all. This has been happening for a long time my friend. Torture being used for false confessions, I mean.

3. Yup its true, but i think that a great nation like the United States should not torture at all, whether it be false confessions or not.

4. Torture to induce false confessions and to place hand-picked words into the mouths of govt-designated fall men are the tools of an Orwellian monster, not a country that claims to be noble and just.

Krugman nailed it right on the head.

5. I couldnt agree more, but a elite few in this country are the ones who are and have ben turning this nation less and and less noble and just.

6. But we don't fucking torture.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjCzfGm0njM"]YouTube - Fox News' Shepard Smith: "We don't F%@king Torture!"[/ame]

At least he's not committed aggravated battery with an automobile...

7. Why couldn't it have been Cheney who got shot in the face...

8. Eh, id rather get a chance to "intensely interrogate" him first...

IF you look up MK Ultra and other CIA projects, they use repeated horrific events to brainwash people by shattering their psyche into "compartments" and influencing each individually. Im sure thats why they water boarded that guy over a hundred times. Wait, isnt that what the Koreans did to brainwash our pilots back in the day...

9. Im glad we tortured those sons of bitches

10. post of the century

11. for stupidity.

12. How would you like that I tortured you for years and not letting you go for something that you never done.

"Stop telling us lies and confess now!" :mad:
    "no? Alright, bring out the weapons, prepare for another torture"

13. Then you need to leave the country because that is not something an American tolerates.

14. you people are seriously defending terrorists? whatevs i dont even want to bother

15. We created Terrorist. After 9/11 and gone to war, terrorist increase rapidly.

16. No one is defending terrorists. We are defending the Geneva Convention though.

It doesn't matter who the people are or how bad they are, Saddam, Hilter and Satan could have a gay 3 some and create something worse than the anti-Christ, it doesn't matter honorable countries don't torture. Period, end of discussion.

The global community has set rules that everyone is supposed to live by, and if they don't they face repercussions, torture it one of them. And had just about anyone but us done what we did, there would have been armed forced from across the globe descending to say stop it or else.

17. You guys are fucking ignorant. Im surprised you even are pro-weed. Goddamn. When i said i was glad we did, i was being honest, know what? ill say it again. It makes me feel good and happy that those sons of bitches suffered at the hands of our torturous government. Im glad. Because they fucking killed THOUSANDS of people. if you had lost someone close on 9/11 you would be here too. you think they shouldnt suffer? then fuck you, cuz they are sick and think that because we dont believe some phony carpet-ride with allah, that we should die. Fuck that. And for everyone who gave me -rep for stating MY PERSONAL OPINON. then get over yourself. your not fucking god. or Allah, since most of you are pro-terrorism.

18. #18 MountyBounty, May 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
    ^^^ Your beliefs held about Islam is totally false man. For one Muslims believe in the same God as Christianity and Judaism. There are more stories about the Virgin Mary in the Koran than there are in the Bible. They also have a ton of stories about Jesus in the Koran too. They just believe that he isn't the son of God but a prophet. So you are pretty ignorant about a religion that is followed by 25% of the world.

Muslims have a strength that a lot of Americans don't have. I would love to see all the Obese Americans try to fast during Ramadan.

19. Yeah i would like to see all the obese ones try to fast too. That would be some funny shit. I dont care what those books say man. Im agnostic. If there REALLY is a higher power, its something so great that our minds cant even concieve so why waste time try to? its not some random dude chillin just making people and stuff

20. I am an American, and right now, i would hesitate to call us an 'honorable' country..