Now that Barack is president..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GRE3NWE3D, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Do you think marijuana laws will be tightened or less inforced, i.e de-criminilized ?

2. There's some talk of a national decriminalization bill being drafted.

We'll have to wait and see if it gets anywhere.

3. This doesn't answer the question at all........

I don't think they will be changed until state legislation in a majority of states decriminalizes it...

4. What makes you think they would be?

5. Status Quo is my bet.

6. The most harmful aspect of marijuana is its potential to destroy profit. So no. I'll bet there are already hands feeding money into Barack's pockets.

7. i dont think anything will change for a while.. but what do i know

8. I don't know- he seems somewhat shifty about it. He has called the drug war a complete failure, but recently stated that he has no intention of legalizing. It is an important topic, but I'm sure Obama is having a hard enough time trying to put the country back together. I can almost assure you that penalties will not become more severe. Watch the "About last night" episode of south park.

9. Someone who is interested in truth seeks it, no matter the consequence, no matter the politcal suicide. If Obama is everything he says he is, marijuana will be legalized, not only for medical use, but for recreational use as well.

10. No because presidents cannot stay in office if they do whats best for the country. They always do what will get them reelected not whats right.

11. I disagree, simply because any President who is elected to a second term pretty much has a license to do whatever they wish to do.