Now Playing

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by hailChickenWing, Mar 4, 2005.

1. #46848 Mr. Mojorising, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018

2. These two bands go together as much as peanut butter and jam.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You know, I always bagged on The Offspring when I was in high school but damnnit if their album "Smash" didn't grow on me a few years later. I think it's a hidden gem and darn near a perfect album. There, I said it.

Also, I saw Green Day at Lollipalooza back in 1994 with Spashing Pumpkins, Beastie Boys, Breeders, Tribe Called Quest, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, and many more. At one point I guess someone threw a 5 dollar bill or something onstage and Billy told the crowd...whoever threw this up here come and get it. He then pulled his pants down and stuck it between his ass cheeks and that someone pulled it out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The Offspring had much more “punkier” roots in terms of sound compared to Green Day, their first four albums (smash being their third, fucking great album agreed) were solid, but then their released Americana blatantly selling out by changing their style completely with songs like “pretty fly for a white guy”, however they still had some good traditional style songs here and there afterwards like the one I posted.

Green Day on the other hand have been way more consistent, they didn’t really sell out until American Idiot, in which they went more for a generic rock sound, and yeah the cheap emo fad look to reel in the emo kids lol. Still was a solid album though. The fact that it was very anti-Bush and politically charged showed they still were sort of connected to their punk roots.

I used to be a huge Green Day and Offspring fan and I went to see Green Day play live with my Dad at 12, it was my first concert ever. Billie Joe is a hell of a frontman I agree, he took out one of those t-shirt guns at one point and launched t-shirts into the crowd.

My username is based on a Green Day song (you probably are aware of that). I remember one day I got high (I over-listened to them from 12-15 so I didn’t listen to them as much when I started smoking) and I was like I’m gonna put on this song why the hell not, there and then I realised the song was about getting stoned. And the title Brain Stew was hilarious due to the fact is describes so well what your mental state is like when you’re high (sometimes).

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1