Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Now i know why bud is illegal

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iloveganja93, Apr 2, 2010.

1. so just smoked a couple fat bowls ok so im watching this documentary called :"The true story of marijuana" and it got me thinking why marijuana is illegal? its because the government doesnt want us to "think" because when i blaze i think about how fucked up our world is and got me thinking about illuminati shit. And the reason why we smoke tobacco and alcohol is because it kills people slowly and deadly. and thats what the gov. wants that.http://forum.grasscity.com/images/smilies/stonedsmilie.gif

2. Nooope not the reason, pretty sure you are/were zooted like a villian.

There are 1,000 reasons though....

3. I've always thought of the reason it's illegal being that the pharmsuetical(sp) industry would collapse if people could grow their own medicine, which would be very bad for the economy.

4. No, i agree completely. Marijuana, hallucinogens, and other mind-altering substances have been used for centuries in ceremonial conditions to expand the mind and bring people together. Even the Mayan rulers (presidents?) would take a dose of magic mushrooms before talking to his people, helped him to connect with them more. Any 'drug' that makes us think and analyze things is a threat to the rulers of our world. That's why drugs that dumb you out are mostly legal and popular (alcohol, painkillers, anti-depressants, anti-anxiety). It's sad really, we're losing our primal touch with nature

5. Because the govt would have to tax it and people would continue to produce it tax free underground even if it was legalized.

calling all Californians, november 2nd you better be voting. :smoking:

6. Oh, I believe you haven't met my good friends William Hearst and Harry Anslinger.

7. its because back in the 20s black people would smoke it then laugh and step on white peoples shadows it because america is racist but then during the veitnam war they said weed made you passive and not want to fight
    they basicly said weed makes you a pussy and peacefull and america does not wont pussys or peace so ya thats why

8. Whos that introduce me?

9. maybe, I think its illegal because it gives too many people jobs and too many people are makin bank.

10. Well, in the 30s a new machine was invented so that the hemp pulp could be processed much more efficiently, so the US was gonna switch from Cotton to hemp again, William Randolf Hearst Though didn't want to switch from cotton to hemp as it would be very costly to start over. So he campaigned against it, printing propaganda in news paper , and having others do the same. Saying it was a new drug "Marijuana", since people would protest if they knew they were actually outlawing hemp. Congress when they passed this also didn't know it was hemp. The DuPonts also were a part of this conspiracy, they also would lose money if hemp was used instead of cotton, mainly because of their textile plants, they would help keep it illegal though since they also are one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world.

11. After reading all the history in the US about how the Marijuana Tax Act was created (made it illegal) I really think a bunch of white old-farts were threatened by how pot use spread from a predominantly "black" thing to more generalized usage during prohibition, when the white guys couldn't get their usual drug of choice - alcohol.

Blacks still drink less than whites - I think that's smart, since alcohol is responsible for more crime, death and social destruction, than pot.

There was quite a bit of "acceptable" racism then, with the white guys thinking that reefer made the "negroes" (please excuse this word,but it is accurate from a historic perspective) disrespectful to white men and woman (heaven forbid!) They were even upset that "negroes" would stand on a white man's shadow, under the influence of reefer! (OMG! I'm not kidding!) So, they just went ahead and made it illegal at about the same time they repealed prohibition.

White europeans (our early citizens) had a long history with alcohol use, but not much with pot, which was used by people who lived closer to the earth, had less money and couldn't afford the kind of relief from their hard lives, that alcohol could provide. Us humans are a resourceful lot, and pot was cheap and easy to get back in the day.

So, in a lot of ways, I think the outlawing of hemp and marijuana was very racially motivated and once pot had the negative stigma of illegality, and making "negroes" wild, no one would ever investigate the long history of using this substance for medical reasons. Classifying it as a schedule I drug meant that it had no therapeutic value, was addictive and harmful (all not true as it turns out), and therefore did not merit further study.

Now, just to be clear, I think the racism inherent in criminalizing marijuana has passed on, along with the fools who criminalized it in the first place, but humans are resistant to change, so inertia and mis-information of public officials and medical thought-leaders up until this point has kept it illegal. I'd like to believe that the same people who are responsible for the change in acceptance of gays, are also voting and changing the political and medical views on marijuana. We're just smarter and have access to more information now. It makes it harder to perpetuate myths. I see it, I feel it, but we're not quite there yet.

When it happens, it will become legal, universally, very quickly. I look to California, to lead the country, and expect that once it's legal in California, the rest of the states will have to fall in line. We really can't live in a country where the laws vary so drastically between states. Our borders are just too porous. Until then, be careful out there.

12. Reefer Madness....

Those motherfuckers. They screwed over so many innocent, law abiding people.

Oh well, Akuna Matata. :bongin:

13. i know peiople are saying it sthe reason.

but ive thought about the same thing as you before.

and theres no way anyone can say what the real reason is.

the government is great and notorious for hiding stuff from us.
    and even better at cover ups.
    so they can lie about one thing, and the truth to that thing is actually a cover up.

the herb opens our eyes to the world around us. ever since i started smoking, ive noticed how beautiful the world trully is. and how basicly the entire basis of every life is a lie.

it sucks man.

but hey, if your into herb and illuminati conspiracy shit. i suggest you listen to (hed) p.e. theyre a great band, and most of their songs are about conspiracies and stuff. theyre kinda a truth movement band. their lyrics have some really powerful messages in them.

14. Lately I noticed alot of people into the whole conspiracy thing, now that shit can be true but I just believe people do the things they do because they want to do that shit and some people do it for money. others really have a cause or a purpose but inreality life is the same we live and die. we create and destroy. but most of us ignore the wrong shit that happens in the world because we don't want to consume negative energy. basically one love type of shit.

15. This.

Why would someone purchase dangerous experimental pills from the pharmaceutical companies when you could just grow weed in your house if it was legal, you can't patent plants.

16. iloveganja93, way to go putting whats likely your year of birth in your user, this makes you 16/17?

17. I bet that most of the medicine the pharmacutical companies gives us is a placebo anyways, thats how much faith we have placed in those artificially created capsules. Anslinger started the whole "war on drugs" concept, im pretty sure he was racist against mexicans that were crossing the border and used them to help illegalize marijuana.

Gotta love the power of fear mongering and rascism right?

18. haha I didn't even notice that. It's not good enough proof though to ban him, it could be his "favorite number". Anyway making people think is one of many reasons it's outlawed. It's mostly illegal because of the hemp industry and how hemp can be grow easily and replace all needs for cotton and other fibers. Or marijuana can be used as medicine and grown yourself eliminating many uses for government medicines. Those are two of the biggest threats that it could be used for but there are plenty more.

19. lollol