NOW do you think it will happen....?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hazhavoc, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Now it looks like it could happen this war with iran
    15 british navymen have been taken by iranian forces
    and this nuclear thing
    what do you think about it now?
    are they increasing pressure on us or is it a easy mistake?

2. Well. they confessed to illegally entering Iranian waters.

If 15 Iranian soldiers where i n American waters, the same thing would happen. I wouldn't get too concerned, I think NATO and Iran are capable of dealing with this issue maturely.

3. I dont know if you have more info than me atm?
    but i heard that they were in iraqi waters not iranian?
    lets hope they are capable

4. if the propaganda has shifted again, then it's quite possible.

it would fit the pattern seen with afghanistan, and iraq, and probably all the other publicised corporatemilitary offensives, but i cant remember back that far, makes us easier to be manipulated if we cant remember the atrocities carried out in our names.

5. i read about this, and i seriously cant believe iran had the balls to auctucally do that.... i mean seriously..... what are they thinking..... the majority of their population wants NOTHING to do with us espcially in warfare... if the iranian president keeps acting like fidel castro... he's gunna get himself and half his country fucking anihilated.... half the politicans are already distancing themself from his crazy ass wipe isereal off the map and fucking fuck with america rants.... haha, i thought this might auctucally cause a war..... still possible... depends on how iran handles it... alls i know is... different countries have different abilities.... their not equal..... and iran.... does not have the ability to just fucking arrest 15 british navymen and get away with it scott free....... good thing they werent american.... or bush woulda gone fucking nuts....:eek:

6. yeah soulljah you're right. who are the iranians to defend their turf? don't they know that america owns the world.

7. Because here in america, we don't believe in things like sides of the story, or logical reasoning. So yea, i agree had we had 15 soliders arrested, our country would be going crazy right now.

8. defend there turf? dude... there are no lines in the ocean... you cant see a line in the ocean.... so what if some british troops drifted into iranian sea.... why is iran taking them hostage? i mean, are you serious dude? like i said, no offence, but yah dude, america does kind of rule the world.... in a big way... its fucked up, im not advocating it... but its true... i mean look at mexico.... 1 call from bush, and the prez immedietly 180's after saying he would sign the bill into law calling for legalisation for all drugs...... we meddle... its fucked up... but with the iran nuke shit going on... iran terrorism thing... iran fucking with iraq thing.... their prez saying he wants to nuke isereal off the map..... the actions of their government are NOT condusive to the health of the ordinary people... their being bitches like saddam and castro... and we all know what happens when somebody tries to stand up to bush..... he bombs em... they dont deserve to be treated as eqauls.... THEY WANT TO NUKE ISEREAL OFF THE MAP... WOULD GLADLY SO DO....... theres been confessions from islamic groups saying iran supply's them with shit.... now im not into the whole using terrorism as an argument.... but i mean, cmon dude... its pretty clear what the iranian's are up too.... it doesnt take a rocket scientist.... and with all the bad press.... why fucking continually POKE THE HORNETS NEST.... thats what their doing... birish soliders.... they dont have the world authority to fucking do that.... they werent fired upon.... with all the UN sanctions just passed.... why take hostages...? hmmm? why.... take..... hostages.......:eek:

9. Yes there is. I think it's 12 nautical miles form shore. then you're in international waters.
    Because having foreign troops, which your country is not even friendly with, much less allies, are entering your waters. Experienced sailors, at that.

No, they don't. They are the current super power, but they far from rule the world. Lots of countries do lots of the things the U.S. hates and can't do anything about. They have substantial influence AS a super-power, but saying they rule the world is an absolutely ridiculous statement.

Actually he hasn't. The translation of the "wanting israel off the map" thing is misconstrued. A friend of mine speaks Arabic and the translation has a much different meaning, it implies over time. They would like to see the end of Israel, but it's not a threat. Anti-Zionism is nothing new for these guys.

They have also said they don't intend to use the materials for weapons.

They have also said, they would only use a nuclear payload in self-defense.

And the United States government is?

There is a huge different between Saddam and Castro, so I don't really understand this remark. The only similarity I see is defiance of U.S. interests.

They bent over backwards for North Korea.

Right, and America wreaking havoc in the middle east, leaving a wake of civil war and tens of thousands of dead civilians is different? The interest of both is geo-political.

American is famous for supplying terrorists. It was the hip thing to do during the Cold War.
    Yes they do actually. It's the same as discovering a spy on your soil. They violated international boarders.

I didn't think they were hostages, I thought they were prisoners.

10. Smoken souljah to quote you....

"they dont have the world authority to fucking do that.... they werent fired upon" Talking about Iran detaining 15 british troops. Like america was attacked by Iraq, Afghanstan?? Yeh get a fucking grip all you ignorant yankees!!!

Sorry but I cant stand some idiot that has no concept of the world, invading other countries for pure profit. Then idiots believing the bullshit you are told on TV. . I mean has anyone seen the vid clip when that wanker (bush) is asked the various names of other countries heads of state??? He replies for EVERY question...eh, emmm well......

Your pres is makin war with the WORLD in YOUR NAME!! For Fuck Sake. Have the bollocks to take responsiblility

11. The big c has a point
    america is meddling with the world
    but thats not the issue here
    the issue is that 15 sailors have been taken prisoner
    now will iran use this as a trump card or will they just get rid of em all? this could swiftly develop into a big mess

btw the cold war and suppling terrorist was ALOT different

12. How?

It was just supplying shady, scrupleless people with weapons and means to hurt other people whose beliefs we don't agree with, with considerable collateral damage.

13. here's my take: america/britain really don't give a jack shit about the 15 soldiers (you'd be surprised how expendible the govt views the lives of its troops).

it would be a fucking wet dream for bush for the iranians to do something drastic to the soldiers because then he would have more justification for going to war.

and who gives a shit if iran has nukes. how can the US (a country w/more nukes than all of the other countries nukes combined) tell iran they can't have them? and it's not like iran would use them offensively because they know that if they ever nuked a country like the US, Israel, or Britain they would be a fucking glass factory within the hour.

also, i've read a few reports about the detaining. a fisherman who witnessed the abduction said the soldiers were in iraqi waters at the time. however, the area the soldiers were in is a disputed territory between iraq and iran.

but like some dude said earlier, if iranian soldiers entered into US waters they would probably be detained as well.

and look at all the damn detainees we are holding (without charges, without a lawyer, for an indefinite period of time, no rights whatsoever). we have literally thousands if not more.

secret cia prisons, rendition, torture. i don't really see how iran arresting some soldiers (who will be tried for espionage according to the latest drudgereport) is any worse than the horrific shit we do on a regular basis to the arabs.

we've kidnapped some iranian foreign minister when he was in europe or something. perhaps iran wants to use the troops as a bargaining chip in getting back their guy.

14. Anyone heard tony blairs new thing he said?
    check msn news or something
    hes talking about a new approach to iran if they dont give the sailors back?

15. Last I checked, the British government denied that the sailors were in Iranian waters. To me, the British government has much more credibility than the Iranian government. After all, this is a government that openly sponsors terrorism, is headed by extremist religious leaders, and whose president denies the Holocaust and believes that Israel should be wiped off the map.

True, according to Iran the sailors confessed to it, but then again the circumstances surrounding the confession are unknown. Iran is not well known for its humane treatment of prisoners.

Now, if the allegations are true, then Iran might be justified in taking them prisoner. However, I don't think they're helping themselves out.

16. the aztec calender predicts the world will end in 2012, and with all the bad shit goin on in the world today. wars, rape, genocide, even in this forum, someone was talkin about his family bein at risk off death by his daughters meth dealer boyfriend. i wouldnt be the least bit suprised if they were right.

17. This is such a fucked up situation in the way that we cannot trust OR get accurate information to decide our opinion upon. For this, i will say nothing on the subject.

Let me just say this. If the world was a giant highschool, then Iran would be the kid that always trys to keep up with the "cool kids(US, England,exc..)", but ends up saying the wrong things to the wrong people? For this, the "cool kids" hate that one kid and pick on them. Doesnt it seem like that?

idk, just a stupid metaphore i thought of.

18. Iran have it comming now?
    they cannot take 15 of our people
    they have the nuclear power programme going on which is a massive deal to us westereners.
    now this?
    what next?
    War seems pretty damn possible now, but i dont know if it is just to go attack them for holding 15 of my fellow englishmen.
    shame though we need a united state in the world, all together kind of thing under one leader.
    this is a terrible looming situation