novice outdoor grower 1st time indoor 2x400watt hps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by IVkingXX, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Hi, gc im pretty sure i know what im doing but every little bit of help, HELPS that why im putting this up here. i am growing with 2-400watt hps similar to these http://www.e-conolight.com/Product/EProductDetail.asp?ProductFamilyID=8&FGNumber=E-HB4M40Q i am only using one for veg right now as the plants are doing awesome. the plants are 2 weeks and 1 day old as of today 7/4. i just trans planted the 6 babies from starter pots to 14 litre pots. the plants are between 10"-12" and looking amazing i will try and post pics asap im just a little paranoid about posting pics. b/c of the transplant that i did on 7/1 i was planning on flowering when they all got around 12" buy im going to delay a week just to make sure they adapt to the new pots, i also used all organic soil for the plants from walmart.
    the plan is to use both 400watt hps on the plants aiming to get around 2oz. dried and cured bud from each plant 12oz if all 6 are fems 10oz for 5 and so on. i plan on using something like these foxfarm big bloom nutes for flowering to some big meaty buds. also would you say topping or max lst - from gator01 would be better to try n get a bigger yield?

thanks everone! im open to all comments and questions i will try and get some pics up here asap

2. From what I understand topping doesn't increase the size of your yield, it only give you more colas but a bit smaller then if you didn't top. people only top really when the SCoG, I think... Don't quote me on that.

LST is the way to go, it will absolutely increase your yield, and if ya don't want to LST and just let them grow tall, check out supercropping, I hear that is an excellent yield producing method.

3. Just do the LST, and tend to it every day. It will give you an even crop canopy that will absorb light evenly and efficiently. Just put your smallest plants near the center of the lighting zone and the bigger ones farther out, rotating them every day (unless you have a light mover..). Keep tieing them down so the plant stays shorter than 18 inches. It will make this easier for the shorter plants to get light and you won't just waste them.

Veg them from 6 - 9 weeks before you switch to 12/12. This will give you that 2 oz. per plant yield most likely. Adding that other light at this stage would do nothing but help, but make sure you're able to keep it cool. You might wanna test it before flowering to make sure it doesn't get too hot.

Buy some sort of nitrogen fert for veg. Your plants will blow up. Doesn't need to be fancy. Blood meal works and thats easy to get.

Good luck! And keep posting, it is sweet to watch a grow from start to finish.

4. it wont get to hot i just baught a box fan to move air and a lil guy for fresh air via the other room