Novice looking for some info.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by davidk911, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Hey guys im setting up a ghetto growbox with cfls, how would i go about getting light fixtures as well as making them work off a wall socket instead of the house circuit?

another one is what are ways of increasing heat and decreasing it?

2. You could buy the fixtures with the plugs attached at a local store. Put holes through the back of your box to run the plugs out to a surge protector plug your surge protector into your timer and your time into the outlet.

3. Keep the air moving and a fresh supply coming in.

4. Yes, if you only want to grow one very small plant that would be ok. Very small. You should trie to pack at least four into a square foot. The heat output from those bulbs is insignificant. Is it your intent to flower with these as well? Something like this would do much better and can still fit into a smaller cabinet.

5. Attached Files:

6. im gonna be buying more than 1 i was just wonder if cfl bulbs have a specific thread/socket they have to go in or will they go in any lamp?

7. The smaller clf's will go into any lamp. The larger 100 watt and above usually need a mogul base which is a larger diameter.

8. alright thanks for your help man :)

9. #11 davidk911, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012
    Is this enough equiptment to grow 1-2 maybe 3 plants? (i dont want the chronest of chron just a lil ghetto rig till i get enough money for a decent one) 2 x 18W, 8x 11w, 2x 14w, total overall lumens = 8600

[​IMG]

10. Yes. You can still grow very potent meds as well. As long as you give them what they need they wii reward you. You can find all the basic info you need online. Just be sure to confirm it from more than one source. I grew this Super lemon under clf's about 6 years ago. I have now worked up to this. We all started somewhere just remember to be patient and stick to your basics. Temp! PH! Light! Air (circulation and humidity)! Nutrients! Water!

Learn what your plant needs from all 6 of these through each stage of growth and do your best to keep her within those guidelines and you will be rewarded.

Attached Files:

11. yes i've just noticed that 10/12 of the bulbs will work in standard lights ive already got a design in my head of how i can place 10 bulbs around + close to a plant for optimum usage i think im gonna try grow 2

12. Plants in seedling and clone stage require about 400-500 lumens per square foot. In vegetative growth they require about 2,500 lumens per square foot and in flowering, they require about 10,000 lumens per square foot.

13. I suggest to start with a old school indica if you can. They are more forgiving and will finish faster. Also clones if you can. They will also finish faster. Not to say your in a hurry but when your first starting the longer you have to keep them alive, the more time for something to go wrong. Good luck and have fun!

14. thanks im just gonna put up a4 white paper in a wardrobe with a 5 gallon pot and just try to grow one absolute monster instead of 2

15. Good idea. If you need any help send out a shout.

16. I'm going to start soon got the go ahead from my parents :D

I'm going to grow some Big Bang vege it for 5 weeks in a scrog and flower for 8-9 weeks

now how would i go about:

raise and lower temperature?

raising and lower humidity?

do a successful scrog grow, do you just top it and it then let it grow up to the cage?

all advice is appreciate thanks <3