Novice first outdoor auto grow in scotland

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BakedAsaNun, May 6, 2017.

1. Need help as its my first outdoor grow in scotland. I have quite a selection of autos which i will germinate indoors until healthy enough to move outside where i need help is would it be reccomended to move the plant into normal soil and keep adding my nutrients to that? Or move into a larger pot and just fill that up? I am a complete novice to this so any help would be much appriciated.

Regards
    Baked

2. Hi mate,
    No help from me as no clue BUT copy a link to this thread or post again in the UK growers unite thread . I'm on there regularly and there's a few on there who have experience growing outdoors here in uk .One bloke is up near you in Cumbria and growing successfully outdoors.

3. Just skip right to end , was started years ago but people still on there daily.
    Good luck bud

4. Much appriciated

5. Generally speaking, it is a bad idea to repot autos or to significantly mess with them. They only have a veg cycle that lasts 3-4 weeks, so if they have a 5 day pause while they recover from repotting or topping, that's getting on for 20% of the growing time wasted.

Start the autos in a large pot that would be suitable for the fully grown plant. Then you could either move the pots outside when the time comes, or perhaps put them in a hole in the ground once they have finished their veg growth, but don't rely on them growing any more after you do that.

6. Would you advice taking it out the pot and burying it in the ground and continue to water or just to keep it in the pot?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. My advice would be to not repot it unless there is a good reason. Definitely don't repot it and expect it to grow any roots or height.

If you've got a really good outdoor spot for growing, a nice south-facing aspect in full sun, maybe with a brick wall nearby to absorb the heat from the day, then it is worth taking advantage of. In that case maybe you could germinate them in a cell/plug and then transplant them almost immediately without disturbing the root at all, or prepare the plot and germinate them outside in the ground once you've checked when your best growing season would be.
    But don't grow them in a pot for a couple of weeks then transplant them out.