November growing in South Florida

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GMFBGMFB, Oct 30, 2011.

1. I have 2 seeds germinated and I just planted them & I was wondering if it was possible to grow Outdoors during this time of year in South Florida. It's very warm out here but unfortunately it's going to be raining most of the week so should I keep them inside once they sprout until the weather gets normal again?:confused:

2. help me.. :-(

3. You can grow pretty much all year from Central Florida on down, although you have to give some supplemental lighting indoors if you want the plants to get to a decent size before they start to bud. When I was growing up on the satellite coast we would put out starters from bagseeds all the way to Thanksgiving. The later in the season, the smaller yields you get obviously. But if you start and give them all day sun and move indoors at night under an HID or flouros-get them up to 5 or 6 sets of leaves before putting out for good you can get 1/4 oz to 1/2 oz no probs off each one.

4. A plant will only grow up to a half ounce?

5. yo since ive lived in SFL the rain comes out of no where ur best bet is to go indoor or just get a nice big pot so that ur roots dont get flooded

6. I'm not really worried about the rain whenever it rains i'll just take them inside you're supposed to check the weather daily anyway.. but how much will 1 plant yield outdoors?

7. It really depends, down here it should be easier to grow despite the season. Since outdoors usually yield more, you can easily get like 4 or more ounces off of one plant.

8. get more seeds because if one seed is male or they both turn out male you will be screwed.

9. 4 oz on a beginner outdoor grow is a very generous estimate. More like 1 oz till u start to learn training techniques.. Jus lik my op pinion

10. I'm in sfl also, planted mine about a month ago. The plant is stretching but growing pretty fast. I'm concerned that its going to try to bud way too early. I could tell which ones were females/males about their second week, and this one grows like an inch a day.

Attached Files:

11. #11 buckethead129, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
    https://goo.gl/photos/9YErouSTm4CaJsGu7 so yo should be seeing bunches of white pistils.. any day if not already on the girlies? yes? males usually show first, grow more robust, and grow "grape like" nut sacks (that eventually store pollen to burst onto sticky buds..) id say cheapest way to finish off ur girls, are , any remaining good sunny days, and very closely packed high watt 2700k CFLs.. won't produce a yield = to HID, full outdoor, or a new LED system.. lemme know how they finish dude, bees my indica coming down next week..

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMxS5Z8kLmM5i...

12. yea she's covered in pistils and smells so damn good. Im gonna bring her in at night to keep her awake and stop from budding. Just gonna put her under the lamp I guess, don't have any special bulb for it, being an outdoor grower.

13. It is very hard to say how much an outdoor plant will yield. If you are growing in a container, how big is the container? How old is the plant? How long has it been in veg? An outdoor plant in a one gallon pot can give you 2 ounces under optimum conditions. A plant that was grown in the ground for a full season will give you several pounds.

14. Yes, you can grow as long as there are no freezing temps during the winter. The winter months slow down bud growth expotentially. You may get an ounce off a plant as where, if you wait until spring to plant, you would have a freekin pound.

15. #15 BrassNwood, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
    This pair was done in 5 gallon SIP (self irrigating planter) on casters from harbor freight.. Done in spring to hold in flower when summer got to close it'll work to roll a plant under cover from rain or inside a well lit garage or space at night to stay in veg.. Both just filled a 1/2 gallon mason jar and they hold around 100 grams each or so I've learned
    [​IMG]
    I'm sure you'll find the only dependable months to veg outside are June and July.. You'll need to light up the plants to 16 hours per day or more to hold them in veg..
    [​IMG]
    This solar light worked in fall and spring but didn't have enough charge time in Dec and Jan and the plants flowered..
    Now I veg under T5 high outputs and set them outside to flower..
    [​IMG]
    Started doing this in just a box full of CFLs so it didn't take much to work this out once I understood the photoperiodic nature of the plant..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You don't need a huge veg space.. This was enough to set out nine 24 inch tall clones in 5x5x7 square pots
    BNW

16. this was finished in November, window sill \ CFL grow... Now to give her on last hair cut, hang her to dry n give her a nice dank cure.. [​IMG]

Attached Files: