Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Nova decarboxylator

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Jsaunders, Apr 12, 2019.

1. has anyone bought/Tried one?
    Said to decarbon an Oz without any smell
    Hit the button and walk away.

Attached Files:

2. A toaster oven does the same thing if you do it outside.. & costs way less then that thing lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. [​IMG]
    Kohl"s $18.69

upload_2019-4-12_8-16-16.jpeg

Walmart $210.00 and you still need the toaster oven to finish processing.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I've read good things about them from regular posters who have one. Can't speak to the odor part. It's not necessary for a good decarb, but if you have extra cash around, why not?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I can understand why someone who's not well versed in decarbing would like this. It would let them decarb without worrying over fucking up their weed and would assure them their weed would be properly decarbed. I'm assuming it works as advertised.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Many experienced people underestimate the difficulty that many of us have decarbing, and might be unaware of how much thc they are failing to activate due to inaccurate temperatures.
    I hate decarbing in an inaccurate oven or an unstable toaster oven, while stinking up my house.

Ardent Lift (clone of Ardent Nova) decarb devices are the best MJ appliances I own.

They do only decarb a bit more than half an oz flower at one time, which is about 1.75 hr.
    I like them so well that own 3 of them, and use them frequently.
    Coupons are usually available to reduce cost a bit.

• Like Like x 5
  7. I wont buy it... you can do the very same thing with regular oven - just buy thermometer and thats all you need. Its not that hard to bake your goods at 240F for 40minutes... or am I wrong? All this crap they advertising to you... why is that needed? 210$... just buy oven thermometer for 10$ and spend 200$ for some good weed/hash. This is just new toy they try to sell to people. And I wont trust anything if I dont see the temperature my self. About the smell... yes it will smell. Cover your dish with foil and it will eliminate the smell a lot - not at all but it will smell remarkable less. As soon as you decarbed just bring your dish outside to cool and it wont smell at all - thats what I do when people start complaining about the smell. Once more - dont buy this very unneeded and too expensive bucket... nothing special on it except its color and it's name...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. I suppose you're mostly right but people pay tens of thousands more for fancy cars when they can get places just as fast in an inexpensive car. I have no idea why we do the things we do.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Doesn’t the nova decarb? Why would a toaster oven be needed afterwards?

I’ve been making chocolates for a couple of years (can’t smoke ) and I’ve been doing 300* x 20 mins to decarb

Everyone loves my chocolates and most would rather them over smoking - 1/2 a chocolate (depending on weed strength ) is usually more then enough

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. You would need a toaster (or regular) oven to do BrassNwood's medicated oil recipe, not to decarb if you have a Lift.
    But accuracy is much less important for that than it is for decarb, so any oven will work well.
    I'd highly recommend that you give his method a try.
    I've made thousands of cookies using BNW's first heating, freezing, but then skip the second heating, which works about as well as the full recipe.

I also make nutella spread using BNW's full method, but with different amounts of food.
    Nut butters and chocolate have enough oil in them already to assume either of these things is just oil.
    Leaving the herb in the oil/nutella/nutbutter will make them noticeably stronger.
    I use 1/4 gram herb in a 10 gram cookie, and taste no herb.
    But when using 1/2 gram per cookie, the taste is noticeable, but tolerable.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Seems like it's over priced for what it is. That said, I bought a magical butter machine that was also a bit over priced, but I love it. Easiest way to make oil once you have your decarbed cannabis. So, if it works well, and you have the cash to spare, it could be a usefully item.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  12. I absolutely love my Nova Decbaroxylator. The main reason is that it really limits the smell in the house and my wife and child appreciate that. The other reason is that my flower always infuses well with the oil/butter i'm using. I've never tested A/B but I feel like it's a more set it and forget it decarb and it seems to give me strong and more consistent edibles.

I suggest if you have one, you want to wait until the flower cools down before opening it up or else a huge burst of smell escapes and spreads quickly. I usually just take it outside and put it in a jar for later use.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I sometimes put my Lifts in the refrigerator after they're finished to reduce the smell before opening them.
    Little or no smell while they operate, much smell when first opening them.
    When in a hurry, I open them under the oven vent fan.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I've done the oven thing and also have a NOVA. With the NOVA, my edibles are stronger and more consistent in their potency. Ovens aren't as stable and stink up the house. I also make BrassNWood's hash capsules and didn't need a toaster in the process.

Maybe I overpaid, but it works for me and that is the point. I'm happy with mine. Also, it isn't like I'm buying one every few months. The one I have has worked for a couple of years now, so its overall cost per batch is pretty small. The thing I like most about it is it is set and forget. I can go do other things while it is working. There is a price for my time as well.

• Like Like x 5
  15. I received an email today with Ardent's 420 sale coupon.
    I have no affiliation with them, but love their Lift.
    I'm trying the Ardent infusion technique right now (oil and herb mixture re-run in Lift), and will report back on how well it works.

"In honor of our favorite holiday we have what you've been asking for... Use the code 420BLITZ to take a whopping 30% off anything on the site."

• Like Like x 2
  16. I use a 20$ walmart toaster oven. I use the temp and timer on the unit. I do check every so often to see if the temps changed from what i previously dailed it into but so far no issues (it runs a few degrees hot). I do it outside so there isnt any stink in the house. 240*F for 40 minutes is all it takes, no expensive contraptions needed. I use this little fucker ALL of the time. It never fails, ever. I wish everyone understood this....

• Like Like x 1
  17. Let me know how the infusion goes with your Ardent, seems like a decent alternative to the MBM that wouldn't need as much oil/bud to operate.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Oh I understand. I just find the Nova to be more convenient as there is little to no smell and that makes my family happy. I wish everyone would understand this. ;)

And the cost wasn’t an issue for me when I bought it. Glad I have it!

• Like Like x 2
  19. It will probably take a week or more to judge this.
    Edible effects can vary wildly, so it's best to average effects from several different trials and strains, over several days.
    So far I've only tried it once with a weak strain, and noticed little difference between this Ardent infusion and what I've been doing.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Thanks for the feedback.

Going to keep an eye on these and invest in one in the future, think it would make good use of the $40 shake quarter oz's from the dispensaries

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1