Notifications for being quoted

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by TheHumanTwig, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys, I just thought of an idea, and I hope you take it into consideration.

Do you know how you receive "notifications" when your post is liked, rep is received, private message is received ? I was thinking the same thing should happen for when someone clicks the QUOTE button on your name in a thread.

I think it will make communication in a thread a whole lot easier, and you don't need to reread threads that your subscribed to in order to see that someone had a comment about what you've said.

Do you guys think this is a good idea? All feedback is welcome :)

2. Not physically possible in the VBB software. And what a pain in the rear end if it were.

3. That's a shame that it's not possible, but I understand. It might be a pain for you being a moderator and all, considering your post count. But for some normal joes I think it would be very beneficial. I have many threads that I've posted in, and it's just a pain sometimes to re-search through every one to see if anyone replied to my comment.

4. Subscribe to the threads that you post in and you'll be able to see when someone replies to you by checking the new posts in the subscribed threads.

That's about the only way to do it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.