Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Noticing Pain When High?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by StickyTurtles, Dec 12, 2018.

1. This sounds really weird, I know, but sometimes when I'm really high, usually edibles get me "that" high, i notice pain more. I don't mean like if I stub my toe it hurts more or something, but I notice the pain where I had surgery done years ago.

I know medical marijuana is usually used to alevialle pain (like in arthritis and other post surgery patients), but my stuff is recreational (though even that can help pain)

I was curious if someone could tell me why I'm noticing pain more? Is it because I'm just so high that I'm actually noticing how much it hurts, but when I'm "sober" I'm so use to the pain I just don't notice it after all these years?

It's a little annoying because I don't know anyone else with this issue who REALLY uses it to help their body pains.

(Also I'm in my 20s so it not an old age thing lol)

2. I would say your senses are heighted when your high/stoned and pain can manifest even if it's not actually there (eg. like when your sober) - I get it too sometimes! I wouldn't worry about it or overthink it. It is mostly in your head mate

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cannabis is a double edged sword when it comes to pain control.
    Usually throbbing pain will be amplified. Tooth pain for example is aggravated with cannabis.
    Headaches are a crap shoot as it can either help or aggravate.

I use very high dose THC heavy edible oil Capsules for my pain but it's internal adhesions left from 3 rounds of Colon surgery and that it stops cold.
    In my case the cannabis acts like opening the clenched fist that was in my belly.
    Helps my back pain too as it relaxes the tension that I tend to walk with.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  4. Oh god I had a headache once and smoked up with my buddy and my headache got SO BAD I literally needed him to drive us back to my place cuz I couldn't even keep my eyes open it hurt so much. Now I refuse to smoke when I have a headache

• Like Like x 1
  5. I’ve had similar experiences and I just use some cbd flower mixed in and it will usually help. I’d recommend getting something with a good 1:1 ratio to get you exactly where you need to be.

6. it depends, i've had some instances where it has amplified the pain but sometimes where it has help elevate the pain and i dont even feel anything (really strong body-high indicas)

• Agree Agree x 1